last year i was in the hospital for 2 weeks due to bi-lateral pneumonia caused by MRSA. How much damage does this cause? Why dd I get MRSA in my lungs instead of on skin like most people get?

Mrsa is carried in the nose and can be transmitted from person to person by various methods. It is a type of bacteria that is resistant to a large selection of antibiotics.

If you had "pneumonia caused by mrsa" what this would mean is that you had pneumonia (a very severe bacterial chest infection) but that the type of bacteria that caused it was resistant to antibiotics.

As a rule most people come into contact with mrsa and have no problems, however if you have a lowered immune system or are elderly or very young, you are more susceptible to contracting it.

As for long term problems this would need to be assessed by the hospital further down the line

Hope this explains it