Hi, my mother was diagnosed with methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). I am wondering if anyone else had the same problem. Can you give me some advice?

MRSA or methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus is condition when this organism is resistant to antibiotics. Your mother could become a carrier by physical contact with the organism, usually by droplet spreading from the mouth and nose. This is how it can spread from skin to lungs, so be careful. MRSA is not dangerous if it affects a healthy person. But if it’s spread to ill person, it could lead to more serious infection. If your mother has MRSA, she has to be isolated. She shouldn’t touch other people, and she has to talk to them from a safe distance. If she is healthy, and if MRSA is her only medical problem, she will be well soon, don’t worry.

You mother should be given Zyvox. It is a medicaiton that can be taken orally twice a day. I had MRSA in a wound in my knee. I fell getting out of the car, scraped my knee and in a few days I had MRSA. I was given a Rx for Zyvox and never had another problem again. That was three years ago. Bad side is Zyvox is very expensive. $80.00-$100.00 per pill and it needs to be given twice a day for 10 days. Good luck.