Last year I had spinal fusion with titanium.  This helped a lot but somehow I got mrsa and it has gone to the metal screws ... My wound care dr wants it out.  However the surgeon says thcvs crews and cage are titanium and I should do I'v antibiotics for 6 weeks and do another white cell Scan.  Any input or similar experience would be appreciated

I has this surgery in june 2012 in WV. I also had mrsa in the inscision and became very sick and the pain was unbearable, i went to the UK hospital in ky! They did the second surgery in April 2013, they went in and washed the hardware, scraped mrsa off the bone and surrounding tissue, surgery lasted about 90 minutes. I left the hospital with a picc line to take iv antibiotics once daily, cubicin. I also take ryphampin orally 3x daily. So far it has controlled the infection, its been a month with good results! I wish i had not dreaded the surgery so bad and put it off! Good luck to you

Hi Kristie, I'm sorry you've had to endure the pain of MRSA. I had neck surgery last year (2016), and ended up contracting MRSA from the hospital, had surgery to remove infection surrounding titanium plate and screws. Unfortunately Dr had to remove my ground up bone that was placed between my neck and titanium hardware. Went home with picc line and cubicin too. The first round didn't remove all the infection so, I got to do it all again. Another trip to hospital, then home with picc line and cubicin. Have had problems off and on since.
I hope you're healing nicely and able to enjoy everyday without pain.
Sincere, Pamala