My father has strange symptoms lately, which he never experienced before. He has problems with walking and fatigue. Somewhere I read that is symptom of fibromyalgia, but somehow I am not so sure if I should believe. I was thinking it could be and multiple sclerosis, since my grandfather had the same disease. Can you tell me more about this; could it be fibromyalgia or MS?

I can tell you symptoms of MS if you are interested into diagnosing your father. Still I think it would be the best for him to visit his doctor. He is the only one who can definitely confirm if that is problem with fibromyalgia or MS. Symptoms of those diseases are similar and I do not think you could conceive clearly which is your father’s problem without scanning and some other testing his doctor could perform. Primary symptoms of MS are exactly those you mention, beside some other you might notice. Patients could have bowel and bladder disturbances, problems with vision and depression. Off course, there are more of those primary symptoms but those I told you are most common and most visible. Secondary symptoms are complications that can arise as result of those untreated primary symptoms. Bladder dysfunction can cause repeated urinary tract infections. I will not give you any more examples of secondary and tertiary symptoms, because you said he just notice first signs. Definitely, advice I could give you is to take him to the doctor, he will check him up and diagnose him with fibromyalgia, MS, or some other disorder.