My father is a heavy alcohol drinker. Regardless this flaw, I still care for him and am very concerned about his health. I read that alcohol abuse as well as the gallstones are primary cause of pancreatitis. I know that pancreas is very important gland in the human’s body and that pancreatitis may cause many further problems. Is there anybody who could tell me what the symptoms of pancreatitis are, so that I can pay attention to my father’s health. Thank you in advance

There are two forms of pancreatitis, acute and chronic. Acute pancreatitis comes usually with mild to severe pain in your upper abdomen that may radiate to your back and occasionally to your chest. The pain is likely to become worse when you drink alcohol or eat. Other symptoms are: nausea and vomiting, fever, rapid pulse, swollen, tender abdomen and in worse cases there could be dehydration, low blood pressure, internal bleeding, and shock. Every attack is very and can damage your pancreas and cause life-threatening complications. Chronic pancreatitis destroys the pancreas and nearby tissues, although it may be years before signs and symptoms appear. The symptoms are: nausea and vomiting, fever, bloating and gases, weight loss, oily, malodorous stools and diabetes.