Over the past 6-7 years I have been dealing with my left rib cage not just spasm but almost ceasing. I have had it on my right side once. I have tendinitis in my entire upper body, so I have to be careful when reaching. All it takes is for me to be a little stressed and my muscles tense up then picking up a toy will bring on an episode. It starts just below my collar bone and then just tightens and tightens till my entire left side will not expand and I can't take deep breathes without immense pain, my heart is racing to trying and get oxygen. Is this still related to Muscle Spasms or could it be something else. I have had my heart checked out and the doctors assure me it is okay. But I still wonder

Okay so after doing some research on the net I came across a condition called Teitze Syndrome, which is an acute form of costochondritis. Went to my doctor to confirm. Costochondritis typically effects the sternum and is inflammation between the bones themselves. Often people think they are having a heart attack (which should be checked out just in case). Although costochondritis typically effects the 3rd and 4th rib cage bones on the left side round the sternum it can actually effect any of the ribcage bones either side, and often includes the bottom bones of the ribs as well. The acute form Teitze Syndrome, effects your breathing and can progress to your shoulder and arm. Most people with rest can restore most of their movement back within 3-4 months however it can be debilitating for some who are constantly repeating the strain. Generally Costochondritis is triggered by an injury. It is not explained in medical jargon because I would stuff that up but that's a very brief over view.