I need some muscle strains help. I had an outdoor training yesterday and I don't know how it happened but all of a sudden I felt such intense pain in my upper left leg from the back side. Now it is swelled and still hurts and I practically can not even walk. My friend says I have muscle strains and I just need to rest but I want some more muscle strains help info. Thanks!

I suppose you probably had improper stretching and warming up for this is what night has caused your muscle strains. I advice to seek some medical advice for you have the swollen and painful area and if it persists it may indicate you got your muscle ruptured so might have an x-ray that is what would I do if I were you. Anyway for now you should use some ice packs just to decrease that swelling and take some pain killer such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen and after you recover from this muscle strains some prevention may help also and so you ask your doc what are the best conditioning and stabilizing exercises and watch out on your running shoes they need to fit your foot characteristics and also need to offer you your foot protection and support.