Could someone tell me what causes muscle twitches for it really starts bordering me. It doesn’t last long of course but I would like to know if there’s any way to reduce it somehow. I usually have twitches on my leg muscle especially the area under my right knee.

I remember when I was on diet I suffered from m muscle twitches-it turned out I was in lack of minerals and vitamin B complex so as soon as I started taking their supplements the thing with my muscle twitches has improved. Anyway you need to make sure your muscle twitches are not the result of any neurological disease which also might be the cause of muscle twitches in some cases. Also heavy exercises might have caused you muscle twitches-also bunch of other causes might trigger muscle twitches such as eye strain, muscle fatigue, stressful situation as well as taking some meds or even drinking too much coffee. I also have muscle twitches problem during the night while I am asleep and that's the main reason I still am taking those mineral supplements to bring enough of calcium and potassium at first place in my organism. I also use hot packs and massage and I create a habit to drink a few glass of mineral water daily for I believe it treat my muscle twitching problems. I know a person that takes frequently botox injections to treat it but I wouldn't recommend it for it is painful and potentially toxic.