Hi, I need a good advice! I have many problems with muscle twitching. Because of it I can’t sleep, I can’t sit, I can’t run, and I’m unable to do lot of other things. I need to know which medication will help me reduce this problem. Thanks!

Hi, I can only tell you from my experience what medications help with muscle twitching, but it doesn’t mean they will have the same effect with you. You should also consult a doctor, because he knows your medical history, and it’s easier for him to prescribe you a right medicine. I tried several medications like neurontin, tegrotol and trileptal, and they reduced my symptoms. However, the twitching didn’t stop until I listened to my friend and did a blood test. It turned out that low level of magnesium was causing muscle twitching, and some other problems. No medicine helped as much as Mg! But a simple blood test can’t always show the real picture of your magnesium level, so you better do a test for intracellular magnesium level. If I hear of some more medicines, I’ll let you know.