Sudden weakness in both arms, hot feeling running down both arms, then it quit & Over all weakness

Pixyhip, have you had this symptom again? I have had this happen 3 times now.  At first I thought it was from working out with weights after some time off, but then it woke me up this morning and I have not recently worked out my arms.  It is very strange to have the pain and burning sensation come on so suddenly and then leave so suddenly as well. ( Mine lasted about 45 sec to a min. possibly a bit longer ) Makes me think it is some sort of neurological symptom since both of my arms seemed to be affected equally.  I hope someone else will respond that has an explanation or thought about  this symptom.  Btw, I am a 43yr. old female in good shape.

I am experiencing the same exact symptom. I went to the doctor today and she is sending me to a neurologist.  It has only happened to me 6 times in a 12 month period. It is kind of strange and scarey. I am a 39 year old female.

I have had the very same thing happening to me for almost a year, maybe 15-20 times. It comes on suddenly, usually when I am not doing anyting, my upper arms seems to get very weak, almost warm feeling down to about my forarms. It will last less than a minute and then go completely away. There is never any warning, I just feel it starting and know its happening and its over. I am a 50 y/o male

Did anyone ever find out what causes this?  I have had this happen to me probably 6 or 7 times in the last 2 weeks.  It's very sudden, it burns and hurts and I feel extremely weak.  Last for 60-90 seconds and then goes away.  I do have a history of cervical neck issues, had 2 disc's replaced a plate between 3 vertabrea but that was a little over 2 years ago. 

I have been experiencing this for a few years now...on and off. Can't seem to find a pattern. Yesterday I was talking to someone about this, and i suddenly remembered how as a child, and very occasionally as an adult, i would sometimes experience a sudden sensation in the back of my neck, whcih felt like a blood vessel had suddenly burst ..followed by an explosive sensation ..like a rush of hot blood / energy which rushed up the back of my head and then disappeared, lasting a matter of seconds. I am now wondering if this is related and would like to know if anyone else on here recognises these symptoms ...perhaps as a child or even later on...or now as I am wondering if it might be related?

Wow!! me too.

The sudden sensation almost feels like an electrical charge going up the back of my neck - usually closer to my left side.  It seems to happen when I turn my head really fast.  Haven't had it happen lately - knock wood.

This other sensation is in both arms and it feels like it is 'rolling up' the arms.  It's more uncomfortable than painful and is certainly a weird feeling. It usually only lasts about a minute. I've had it happen 3 times in the last 6 months. 

Same with me, except I am 34 y/o female and I didn't get an explosive feeling...just a gradual heat sensation flush up the back of my neck/head.

I had the same symptoms for the first time yesterday. It felt as if hot water or blood was flowing from my neck and down both arms at the same time. I could not move my arms during this period. Lasted a minute or two but scared me. Have you received an answer to this?

I has same problem,felt like aching band around back of neck,then the warm hot arms,,but light headed very weak sick feeling..hot seat then face sweat dripping..Barbour said in gone funny colour..ebbed of after 45 mins..ambulance movies do get no idea what it was..it's berry scary feel like you going to faint weak chest breathing...was not doing anything to course this.

Sorry predictive spelling ! Barbour..ment neighbour! Movies..ment ..men...derry..very!

this exact thing has been happening to me too.... so strange!!

what did you find out from the neurologist?

I have this occasionally, I will suddenly feel a warm sensation running down both arms, like a hormone flooding my arms, then very weak for a few moments. Prior to this I also had what I believe to be related sensations. Only these occurred in my chest. It's been a few years, so hard to remember exactly, but suddenly I would feel a tightness and pain, but not a bad or unbearable pain, if that makes sense. It would bring me to the floor and then be gone. It was not scary for me at all, but puzzling. I was sent to the ER to check out my heart and it did not involve my heart. I think that the arm sensation began shortly after that and initially would happen at the same time. Then the chest pressure went away. If anyone has had these symptoms and have any diagnosis or ideas, please share with us!! Thanks!

What cause these symptoms, I have not recieved a true anwer yet. I am expericing the same thing in both of my arms and its a scary feeling.Can someone tell me what this is. Very concern Netty.