I'm a 39 year old white male. I was having sensation on the left top of my head that worsened to sharp pains if I was stressed. I went to see a neurologist, and he ordered a brain MRI…I've had various other symptoms during this past 6 months like: facial numbness on left side that comes and goes, tingling in left hand, minor muscle twitches in my lower left leg on and off, eventual pain in lower left leg if I sit for a really long time…there were more but you got the picture. So, what am I to do, I want to know what I'm dealing with? Should I be concerned about ALS?

I am sorry to hear this because I know it is frustrating trying to find out what is wrong. I suggest you consider Lyme disease. Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. It can cause many symptoms, including those you describe (neuro and muscle problems). Besides this, ticks can transmit several co-infections and often, people are bitten by ticks without knowing it because they are very small and you cannot feel them on you. Those infections also can be difficult to diagnose and No test is completely reliable so it is crucial to see a Lyme knowledgeable doctor.