My boyfriend and I have been together for almose a year and were both in our final year of school and hes telling me that his dream has always been to join the army. And i really want to be a supportive girlfriend and not stop him from his dream. But I found out that partners of army soldiers etc cab become quite lonely and that mental health issues increase and i have a record of depression and I feel that if he joins it will afect me badly and mentaly and that was the worst time of my life but I dont want to ruin his dream I have told him how I feel but he hasnt seemed to say that hes definitely not joining and im scared and dont know what to do. Im also scared that something will happen to him if he joins. I love him so much and we have both made eachothers lives better but its scaring me. Im stressed about year 12 and im unsure about what carrer ill have as an adult in the real world.and hes told me that hes concidered not joining but he has nothing else to do. He said all he has me and joining the army I dont want to be the one to stop his dream. And im scared of what the future holds because I dont know what will happen when school finishes. And I dont even know if ill make it through year 12 witch will disapoint my family if I fail and dont graduate. Im just unsure worried and scared.

First of all I think there is a real misconception about the danger of being in the service. More people die on our highways every year than are killed in combat.

Yes there are some periods of separation but except for some dangerous areas you can go with him nearly everywhere he goes.

There is a feel of camaraderie for both him as a soldier and you as a military wife that you cannot find anywhere else.

He will have the opportunity to learn something he wants to do and many benefits even though congress likes to take them away in it's thirst for more money to spend.

Let him join - he has a desire to serve his county and fight ISIS. We are ready to embark on a holly war to fight and defeat ISLAM. Don't believe what you hear, as the war is coming. He needs to fight with us to defeat ISLAM.

And potentially die thats alot of stressfulness he will be gone for months at a time I cant handle that. Im considering supporting him but I know it will affect me emotionally in a bad way