Just recently I saw these makings on my brothers arm. They are horizontal across the wrist area there is about 5 or 6 and they seem to have been made at different times judging from the healing stage of each marking. I just barely saws these out of the corner of my eye. He has also been acting really weird. Like he would sit in the relaxer chair and mess with his arm and then go to the bathroom and get some toilet paper and wrap his arm around it cause its bleeding. he also asked me how he can sharpen small sharp metal objects. I dont know what to do. I think hes cutting himself and I just im sorta scared. I mean im already paranoid about people as it is but having him around me just scares me a little. We are not exactly best friends. To be honest I dont consider him my brother. We are still family so I feel I must do something but what? Can anyone help me on this please?

talk to your parents or another adult you trust and see what they suggest.

it sounds like your brother may be self harming in which case he needs help asap.

let us know how things go!

well I told my grandma and now shes checking it out. I'll see what happens now

i know how u feel ive been through it to u did the right thing in telling some one i told my gf mother when i found out that she did that they took her to like a rehab place for two weeks it was hard to talk to her cuz i knew that she knew i was the one that told but she was so greatfull i did none of her friends or past boyfriends had told and gotten her help its made r relationship closer so maybe u and ur bro we end up being closer. good luck hold on and never give up!

well done for telling someone.

hopefully this will get things sorted! my big sister went through a stage like this and with counselling she did much better!

hope everything works out ok!

my friend jessa went through this and what you can do is tell your parents because its very dangerous. Trust me i was about to bu i decided not to because it sound likee he's being emo (short for emotional) and i saw on the news in indiana while i was up there that there was a teenage girl that was cutting herself got a poisoning from it and almost died. I think you should tell an adult immediatley. It doen't matter what your brother says or if he's mad at you. He will thank you. Tell him that he can get very seriously injured and have to go to the hospital someday for doing that.

Well I have told my grandma and she told my dad. My grandma snatched my brothers wallet when he wasnt looking and found 3 razors so its pretty apperant were the markings came from. Well my Grandma and dad tryed to have a talk with him but he completely blew them off and now hes back in Nevada with my mom. Basic what he told my mom which she told my dad that it was all thier fault hes doing it.(I find that complete bull but thats just me) Anyways we cant seem to figure out whats going on. It seems my mom is babying him like always and aperently she had a talk with him but prommised not to tell anyone what he told her. So my grandma and dad are worried and cant figure out whats going on or whats going to happen. So I dont know. Hes not mad at me cause he didnt know I was the one who told my grandma so hes acting alright to me. I keep asking him whats going on in msn but he keeps telling me nothing and mind my own business. Any ideas?

im really sorry about whats going on and i get it and i just saw this and wanted to know how everything worked out. you have any ideas WHY he did thi?

It's me there is still problems that would be too long to explain. Nothing really has changed. hes doing drugs and cutting himself and stuff. Getting in trouble with the law and what not. That is really all I can say. I have no clue why he does this.