We have fight sometimes like all couples do but this was the first time that he hit me. I was surprised and shocked at the same time. I didn’t hit him, but started crying and he gave me a hug but didn’t say that he was sorry. I’m scared; I have never thought that he could be abusive. We didn’t discuss it, but I cannot stop thinking if he will do it again.

You should talk to him about what happened. Can you live just like that expecting if he will hit you again? Well I don’t find it very normal. Hitting one is not the way that problems are solved. At least he had to say that he was sorry.

If he is willing to hit you. He will have no problem doing it again. Please take care of yourself. I was in a relationship like that....Get out while you can. I know you might be attached to him, please put this into consideration. You will be hit again. A man who hits a women is not a man at all. Obviously he thinks it's ok. Especially If he wasn't apologizing, crying too, groveling at your feet. He is not sorry. Get out of this relationship. %-)

i have just been hit by my x boyfriend he has never dne it in the three years we have been together we gt in an argument and i pushed him and hit himthen he hit me bck again. he understands it was wrong but do u really think he will do it again?

Hiya this is the same thing as a cheater. Once a cheater always a cheater. SOOOOOO once a hitter always a hitter. Don't take it do something now before you end up dead honey please. Women are so ran over these days and it isn't fair. But I know if a man hits me I'm going to hurt him even if I have to wait till he is asleep. I have gotten in plenty of fights with guys and guess what they ain't as tuff when they find out you hit back!!!!!!! :-D

I grew up hitting and fighting with my brothers and sisters. I've been in some serious shtf fights with my girlfriends before, I've even been hit in the face by her just cuz she was mad at what I was saying, and I wanted to hit her back, atleast a part of me thought about it. But the bigger part of me... 'The programmed part of me' was saying it's the number 1 no-no. It's engrained in us men not to hit women, those that do slipped in the anger mangaement department and slipped BIG. It's not something that should be taken lightly by anyone.

They say once you do it you always will... I think it would be so heartbreaking to have a girlfriend that you love so dearly be afraid of you physicaly. And that's probably what your BF thought about after he did it. If you want a girl to fear you then you have psycholigical problems. If you ever see that a guy is enjoying that kind of male domination with you then you should get out as fast as you can... In the case of your BF instantly repenting I think he has a chance still but I don't know him from Adam so I would say play it safe and move on to another guy that doesn't show that type of ego disfunction to begin with.

My boyfriend and I have been together for about a year and a half, he has beat me and threw me on the floor and starts kicking me several times before he stops. If I cry when he is kicking me, he kicks me even more, no matter how much I beg him to stop, he won't. I' am 22 years old, he is almost 30 years old. I know that a woman my age should be leaving him by now. I don't know what to do. The last time he beat me was on Saturday January 15th 2011. I have about 9 bruises on my body. I can barely move my arm. I always have to cover up my body to hide the marks from the public. I love him, I just don't know what to do. I know he will do it again and I always think what happens the next time? What if I wind up in the hospital or even worse ........ dead! Some advice to women who are not as stupid as me.... GET OUT NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!! I don't know what to think anymore. But I do know that any woman who is smarter than me.... GET OUT NOW!

If he did it once it won't stop him from doing it again. I think you need to talk about it. Expecially the fact that he didn't say sorry. Please make sure you are safe. Your life is precious and no one deserves to be treated like that. Trust me i know from expirences. Don't blame yourself because i know so many who do that. I even did that at one time. But it isn't your fault. He needs help if he can put his hands on you and think that its right. No girl. Your life is valuable and you deserve to be treated good and respected. Make dure you get help if you need it. People care.

I wish i could help you...but people in ur position can only help themselves...get out now. Your worth soooo much more than him...

im 41 and still with the lovely attentive guy i was with at 23, he battered me black and blue after about 3 years of getting a new house, and i left with the boys and stayed with a freind cut a long story short i was stupid enough to go back. on top of this to ad insult to injury, on his good days hes rarely managed to have or want sex, another insult. hes still the same ignorant git he was then but inbetween hes ignored me , done his usual with his first love worked all the hours god sends and ive had two beatings the worst ever in the last 11 days when i dared open my mouth to tell him im fed up. shame on me, and belive me you feel it. id like to put a pic on here of what the penis has done to me, ive hobbled about as my hip is bruised amd cut to pieces, my arms and back are black and blue, and this as****e still walks about like hes some sort of hero for looking after me for a few yrs while i was ill

I was abused on serval occassions kicked on the floor slapped and many more its been six yrs we been together the last time he hit me was jan 2011 and now we have a child together. Please leave these abusive men and although he hasnt hit me in over a yr im planning to move out on my own soon although we havent argued or anything Im just gonna leave i cant keep waiting for the next episode

yes he will. it may take a while coming but it will happen again it laways done then gets more and more hitting in between. ive been in with a man doing it for years, i hate him and wanted out for ages but its hard as ive no job due to ill health and an just as scared to leave as stay. i just shut my mouth and let the ass do what he wants n get on with my life. weve slept in seperate beds for 2 yrs hes hardly here spends his life at work so it makes it a bit easier. get out now or you may be saddles with the ass for the rest of your life!

I am going through exactly the same thing right now. Just reading your post made me cry because it's so relatable. Hang on in there :')

Please just walk away!!!

Everyday I wish that someone had told my mum that 23 years ago, maybe my siblings and I wouldnt have had to watch mum be beaten, or suffer it ourselfs and destroy any chance of functional future relationships in our own lives.

Their first fight was over a wedding cake, he punched a hole in the wall, took him two years to punch her.

How long will you wait till he does it again?

Love aside, the way a couple deal with conflict is the single most important factor in a relationships durability.

After 18 years, my dad beat my mother to within an inch of her life.

It started with a hole in a wall.

Use your head!!!

You hit him first though, do you have that right and he does not? NO! You need help for your anger. It is hard not to hit back when someone pushes you and hits you. Get help.