hi i wonder if anyone can help me i have interstitial cystitis and also have a back injury at the moment im seeing a chiropractor for my back i curently have a uti which happens regularly due to my interstitial cystitis i went to my chiropractor today and just explained that due to uti im more tender after he had finished my treatment for today he asked me some questions about my bladder and said that he thinks my kidneys are inflamed and i just wondered is it part of my bladder problem ? is it serious? is a disease of the kidneys? what can i do about it? any help or advise would be very very appreciated

Chiropractor is definitely not an expert in the urology department, so I think he definitely went out of his field when he said that your kidneys are inflamed. If that was the case you would have been seriously weak, with high fever and all kind of severe symptoms which you certainly could not have not noticed. Chronic inflammation of the bladder wall definitely means that you unfortunately will suffer from UTI infections, but as long as interstitial cystitis is under control, there should be no reason why would it spred to kidneys or anywhere else inside your urinary system.