my daughter is 16 and lost her virginity a week ago, yesterday she started her period, is she safe from being pregnant?

Hi Mom,

The average length of a menstrual cycle is 28, which means a woman usually gets her period every 28 days.  A woman typically ovulates 14 days after the first day of her last period, so counting back she was probably ovulating around mid Decemeber.  If this period is particular short or spotty the I'd have her take a pregnancy test.   If her period is normal, she's likely in the clear.  

You should be so happy that your daughter was close enough to tell you this.  We as adults know that if you forbid children from doing something, they'll just want to do it more.  So, since you both seem to be close, you should ensure that she gets on birth control, preferably a kind she can't forget to take like the Depo shot and advise her to still use condoms every time.

I hope this helps! 

It depends on if it is just spotting or regular.If it is spotting then take your daughter out to get a test.Please update us on what's going on.Good Luck