Hi, my daughter is 16 years old and she is pregnant. It was very shocking for me when she told me. Now I am not really sure what the best thing to do is. I was wondering if it is safe for her to have abortion in this age. I would appreciate any suggestion, thanx.

Hi, my daughter also stayed pregnant very young. We have decided to consult her doctor who told us about possible bad effects if she decides to have abortion. Mucosa of her uterus is very thin and abortion might cause permanent damages. I suggest you also to visit your daughter's doctor and talk to him/her.

8-| you know it's very hard to do because pregnancy is not a ordinary problem at her age.don't abort the baby because the babies are blessing to us given by god.that's the result of being so liberated.hahahahahahah

Mother, you cant really think of an abortion for your own daughter...She can die (God Forbid), not be able to have any more kids or even fall into some serious depression..Now, if your daughter was able to open her legs then she should be able to take care of a kids...Hundrends of thousands have done it so why shouldnt she?? Take it from me, I'm 16 as well, turning 17 on december 6, and I am probably pregnant...She should be responsible enough to take care of your grandchild...

Oh boy, you going to stir conservatives on this one about the abortion bit. It really matter how far she is in to her pregnancy and consult your doctor on the side effects, a young teen should not have to raise a child at their age.

kathlin
I know this was about nine months ago, but I wish to hear about what you & daughter did, I have a blog on here at Sexapeal, I wish for your comments on one of my posts, and to join me in have a blog about this, so other girls can read about the problems of pregnancy at a early age.
Thank You
Robert Molay

how can u even bear to think about the idea of your daughter killing ur unborn grandchild? what kind of a sick person are u? she needs to deal with the consequences of her actions.i am 13 and possibly pregnant and the idea of an abortion hasnt even crossed my mind a single time. if i am pregnant i may keep my baby or put it up for adoption. not kill it. atleast put it up for adotion instead of making her live the rest of her life knowing her baby could have changed the world.

You need to ask her what she wants. It's her baby. And she told you, meaning she probably wants to keep him/her.

I'm pro-choice and thinking of the soul of the baby and how the baby's life could be ruined if your daughter didn't want it and treated it badly if she does have it. So, if your daughter does get an abortion make sure she really doesn't want the baby and that it's not you who is making the choice for her. If she doesn't want an abortion but doesn't want the baby, perhaps considering adoption is better. There are plenty of wonderful people who weren't fortunate enough to get pregnant who would love to care for the baby.

But, a warning to those who do get abortions: you could hurt yourself and your chances of having a baby in the future (which would suck if you really want one a few years after your abortion). I'm giving this warning, because my great aunt had sex a lot and got pregnant a lot and had abortions many times. Having so many abortions ruined her uterus and she wasn't able to have babies in the future, when she really wanted them, so she had to adopt.

can i just say that i have read certain people claiming that people should put their children up for adoptions. think about it with all what you hear on the news about foster parents ect abusin children are you sure thats the right thing to do. who knows your child might be place in the hands of abusers can you live with knowing your childs alive and could be in harms way..... I think anyone everyone has a right to decided what they wish to do there is no point calling people evil because they choose to have a abortion thinka botu ti are you going to help them. Remember everyone has reasons to their actions.. happy new year.!!

I am 17 and I have a 2 year old daughter. I go to a school that has a daycare. I have no regrets. My friend also has a son and she had an abortion with her second pregnancy at 16 and she hasn't been the same. She sleeps with people and she got pregnant again actually twice and lost both. Her parents take care of her son and they have from the start so she never has any responsibility. I think People need to think about the consequences before it happens and remember an abortion can never be taken back.

I am a 39 year old woman, who has never had an STD, never had an abortion and yet I am unable to conceive. Unexplainable infertility is what the Doctors call it. So to you teens and the parents of......There are woman like me out there who have dreamed of being a Mom for years and you could make my dream come true. We have tried everything available to us to conceive and have spent thousands of dollars only to have our hearts broken again and again. If you find yourself in a situation that you are unsure of please look into all of your options, because your little suprise at such a young or at an age where you just aren't ready to be a partent.....it could be a blessing for others. One that you may be a part of if you choose to be. So my thoughts are with you all, I wish the best for you and I wll never give up hope that my time will come as well.

I am 21 years old and I have three children.
My daughter was born when I was only 15 years old and I had twin sons two years ago.
All I have to say is this; yes young women can take care of their children, but it can be a very difficult thing to do.
I am only now finishing college, and can't help but know that if my children had never been conceived my life would be very different.
Anothing thing I know is that you can not make this choice for you daughter, you have to let her make it for herself and support her in every decision.

I agree, and I think that's mostly what people are worried about. But you do have to respedct what your daughter's decision is and not push her into something. What do you think?

:D

Hi I also have a teenage daughter who got pregnant at 16 but will be seventeen in Nov. The baby is due in December. Although I too was sorry to hear that she was pregnant at this young age I supported her in her decision to keep the baby,,and boy am I ever glad I did!!..I follow her to every appointment and ultrasound and am extreemly excited when I hear the heartbeat. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. She is also so happy too. I am not the type of parent to make decisions for my children when it becomes a fact that at 16 maybe everything they choose is for the best for them at the given time, but life has a way of working these things out. I plan on taking care of her and giving the baby girl, by the way, a good life...and am so looking forward to the trials and tries of watching my child become a wonderful mother. I am also a nurse and know that there are a few issues in health towards having abortions, but for the most it is really safe in our time today, unlike 20 or 30 years ago. Teenagers get involved in so many life altering situations today, I find they are expected a lot of, but remember they are so much more mature these days then we were at their age. Life is fast paced and having a baby is a very big decision, but one I would not take lightly by anymeans....What does your daughter feel about the "keeping" or abortion", or adoption>? This is what really has to be answered only by her, it is a huge decision but now life is so well fostered that finishing school, having daycare and many mental health clinics, playgroups, single mothers help, and teengroups that anything is possible!!!! And tell her dont worry about what other people think or say, walk a mile in my shoes and I still wont hear you because you are a mile away.....Think positive about anydecision made> Good Luck