Pregnency because of which sex done at approx same time of ovolution? My ex girlfriend got periods on 16th. Her cycle is around 30 days. She got white discharge and felt ovolution on 28th. She was planning for baby and had sex with her husband. Now we met unexpectedly on 31st and had unprotected sex on 31st. Now question is - is it pregnant because of her husband sex or me? The difference between both sex is approx 2 to 3 days and it's really confusing? Should she go for abortion? Certainly she needs kid from husband and this is really confusing for us now. Please help.

Hi Handa,

The dates are just to close together.  She'll need a DNA test to determine paternity.

It all comes down to when she ovulates - exactly.  Even then, it's just to close.  The egg can remain viable for about 48 hours after ovulation.

Good luck.

Hello Medic, thanks for reply. When we had sex then I tried to pull out at last minute (hopefully at right time). Still is chance that it can be me? Since she felt ovolution on 28th and had sex with hubby on 28th, more chances are that it may be because of hubby and not me? Is it possible to say 100% on this?
Thanks a lot. It's total confusion.

Nothing can be said.
1. White discharge may happen due to many reasons. Different body have different nature. Egg may stay for 2 days after it is alive.
2. As you believe, even sex at 28th does not guarantee of pregnency as it depends on mature sperm.
3. Your involvement is at around same time without any contraceptive when ovolution may have hapenned or may be in finishing stage.
4. Last minute pull out is not guaranteed method even if done perfectly due to pre ejaculation of fluids and pre cum which happens during sex and may contain active sperm.

It may be anyone. Go for paternity test to confirm.

If sperm is mature and ovolution hapenned on 28 and same day sex, then can we be assured of that it's not from my side? We are assuming based on 28 days sex which should have make pregnency possible.

You need a DNA test. There is no other way.

She will normally ovulate sometime between days 11-16 of her cycle. She had sex with her husband on day 12. She had sex with you on day 15. Pregnancy is NOT immediate. It takes several days. Sperm can survive UP TO about 5 days - max. The egg is viable for about 48 hours.

Your sperm is mature. You do not ejaculate sperm that is not mature.

Still, whatever happens, don't abort, as women who do abort usually end up regretting it. Some even go to the point of suicide ( happened to a woman recently. Her name was Jade Rees) Listen, go to your local crisis pregnancy center for help. They have counselors who can help you find a good abortion free option and they also have free rescources like diapers and bibs. Also, adoption is a lovely idea because then you are giving your child a shot at life. If it helps, I know two girls who were adopted and they turned out just fine :) But still, it would help to see a doctor