My boyfriend got divorced two years ago and his two oldest kids are grown and on their own. His youngest kid is a 19 year old daughter. The daughter never talks to her mom (doesn't like her) and she lives with her dad (my boyfriend). He works late and when he comes home, his daughter is usually awake, in her bed, watching TV. He gets into her bed (fully dressed) and they talk and watch TV together. Usually they fall asleep. He says there is nothing inappropriate going on and I believe him. He says he does it because this is the only time she will open up and talk to him and he says it only happens a couple times a week. I think its strange behavior and I don't know if it's normal. Honestly, it kind of creeps me out! Am I being oversensitive?

hi.... although they are farther and daughter.... after all they are of opposite sex... but you can understand by their behavour... i should advice you to keep observing....because its usual phenomena and it has been proved that there is every chances of creating a mistake if they continue .......

She (the daughter) kind of controls her dad (my boyfriend). Whatever she wants, he does for her. He will even stop a date with me to go get her food and take it to her. We have had her with us in social settings and she acts snobby and they whisper to eachother. It's rather rude. His ex wife treated him the same way. I'm wondering if he has put his daughter into the role of his ex (without the sex part). If he keeps getting into her bed, is he teaching her that the only time she can talk to a man is when he's in her bed? I know every family has a different definition of "normal".

Maybe he feels like his baby daughter is almost fully grown and is having issues with his youngest getting older.

I still hang out with my dad like that. We sometimes lay in bed and play video games, watch movies, and even fall asleep. It's only because he works so much and he's always tired and we never see each other except at night when he gets home. It's definitely NOT inappropriate or nasty in any way for us- we talk about father daughter things, work, school, goofy stuff, and laugh at movies and compete in video games. Everyone is different, and I understand that there are creepy, weird things that go on between kids and their dads, but I wouldn't read too much into it. They love each other in a familial way and want to spend time together. Would it be creepy if she were sitting/laying in bed with a friend watching a movie? No :O... Would it be creepy if they were sitting on the couch watching TV and talking? No, probably not. Just don't worry! =)

It is healthy for them to have a comfortable, close father/daughter relationship, as long as it is just that- comfortable and close in a father/daughter way.