I have a 24 month old daughter who has no vaginal opening. I tried the cream every since she was born and it doesn't work. I have taken her to a urologist and he doesn't want to touch her by her being so small. I noticed that sometimes she will hit and pull on her vaginal area. When I ask her what's wrong she says mommy my stuff hurts.

Sounds like you need to find another doctor or get a referral to someone who will treat your daughter.

Clearly, it sounds like something is wrong... your daughter's comments would indicate that there's at least irritation.

I have a hard time immagining a hymen that is so complete as to completely obscure the vaginal opening, but I defer to an expert.

Get another opinion.

Egads, she's obviously hurting.
Find a doctor who WILL help her.

i am a doctor

its a simple case

this means that ur daughter has a vagina

but its well trapped inside

take her to a good doctor and i am sure that after the test it will show u that she has a vagina and everything

it will need a surgery but it is not hard or serious

hi my daughter had that same thing you need to see a new doctor because by the vagina not being open she with get urine infections and could lead to kidney infection cause urine gets trapped in there they can give you a steriod cream that you rub on there all the time and it will soften the skin and it will split open.

My 5 year daughter has testa on friday as the GP says she has no vagina, the operations she has mentioned sound awful. Could cream do the trick. Also, she has mentioned there may not be a uterus which is very upsetting. Any advice would be appreciated

my daughter was born like that too,,she is now 4,,and her opening eventually showed at 3 and a half yrs old,she is now getting referred back to the hospital to make sure all is normal,i have worried all these years,,so im now glad something will be finalised at last.Quote:

Put your quote text here...

My daughter was born with out a vaginal opening...She is three now...lately she has been complaining that here stomach hurts, then she will say her butt hurts...(her vagina area).. I took her to the doctor and he put her on a fiber diet..but the things is she poops and pee's rgularly...what could it be..can someone help me

Google MRKH Syndrome....

Try to find a gynecologist for girls. They do exist. Good luck.

just yesterday we learned that my daughter also suffers the same situation..she as no vagina opening..and her pedia referred us to a pedia-gyne...to have some test on her with regards to her reproductive organ and what to do for her to have vagina opening..now that ive read some of your posts here, i just wwant to know if her having UTI regularly has something to do with her not having vagina opening and she alwayss complains of stomach ache and she always complains also of being hurt whenever we wash her down there..can someone please tell me that there is nnothing to be afraidd of??we are seeing a pedia-gyne this week..thanks

Also known as MRKH syndrome.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Wait untill 4 and take her back they will kno what to do trust me i had the same probablem i am now 17

I just read your post about your daughter opening at 3 1/2 years old. Did she experience pain when the opening started showing? Was her skin irritated there? How did you determine that's what was happening? Thanks!

I'm doing some research on why this happens because I, like your daughter's, was born this way. My mom is a nurse so she knew something wasn't right. After taking me to the pediatrician and getting a hormone cream,she said I opened up. But the cream gave me a rash, so she stoped using it and I closed back up. With age, I opened back up on my own and didn't have any major complications because of it or need surgery. However, I do suffer with hormone issues at times, usually when I'm over 145 lbs. It also took me ten years to conceive my now 3 year old son. I also am smaller than normal, and that causes discomfort at times. I wanted to share this with you all because it seems like there's not much information out there about it.