Hi, My daughter will soon be six in coming month. Tonight suddenly she woke up from her sleep and  complained of vaginal pain. It was around 11:30 in the night. I went to see the area there but there was nothing that could make me worry. My daughter kept complaining and her pain started to increase and so did her screaming and crying. I applied a little of coconut oil and gave her crocin ds syrup, thanks to heavens it did help and soon her pain susided and she went to sleep. The reason behind to give crocin is i remembered once our family doctor said for a swollen gum of my daughter that if the pain is bad give her crocin. So applying that logic i have saved the situation for now but dont know what will happen next . Hoping for every thing to be good for my and everybody's daughter facing this problem.

Did you as a parent take a good look at her vagina not just the outside.Is it possible that she might have tried to insert something in her vaginal opening.Kids do experiment.

I hope a girl's parent only looks at her vagina as a parent! What is being suggested??

However, I would not look inside at this stage. There are other more usual reasons.

Sometimes it can be referred pain from constipation. Another reason is sometimes a result of threadworms. The vagina is very close to the anus. So check her anus, and maybe at night, shine a light there, and maybe one will come out into the light.

Crocin ds syrup contains paracetamol, so don't also use anything else that contains paracetamol.

I hope this helps as a start.