I'm pregnant and my due date is May 18,2016. My dilemma is figuring out who the father is. I had my period starting July 9th,2015. Afterwards I went on to have unprotected sex on the 14th with one guy. I had sexual contact with another guy on the 23rd. Neither released sperm inside me. I had my period again August 12th, 2015. I had unprotected sex with my current boyfriend on August 18th and he did release sperm inside me. I took a pregnancy test on August 24th and it showed up negative. A week later I started feeling breast soreness and fatigue. Then the 1st week of September I tested again and it was positive. I feel pretty confident the baby belongs to my current boyfriend from the 18th. I'm just nervous about the whole thing. Can anybody help?

Hi Brooks,

Did you expect your period on August 12th?  Was it "normal?"

If so, it is very unlikely that you were pregnant before then.  That makes your boyfriend the father.  It does take at least two weeks for a pregnancy test to read "pregnant."

Your due date is consistent with a LMP of August 12.  You add 40 weeks to your LMP to calculate the due date.

Hope it helps.

Yes it was normal. I didn't have any spotting before my period and it lasted about 4 days like it normally does. Like I mentioned I didn't start experiencing pregnancy symptoms until 2 weeks after we had unprotected sex. The negative test on the 24th is what had me feeling a little more confident that I wasn't pregnant before my cycle but needed confirmation .