Since Saturday morning I've been experiencing a clogged ear. Its only my left ear and it came shortly after I had a small cold. I had a lot of sinus drainage and I think that is what is causing the ear clog but I'm not sure.

At first there wasn't pain but now its starting to hurt a bit. I don't think I have a fever I've been taking an antihistamine and ibuprofen, though these are not clearing it up. I've even tried a decongestant yet still nothing. Hot showers, heating pad and a hot wash cloth still do not relieve this pressure in my ear. I've tried closing my mouth and nose and breathing out to try and pop my ears. I've tried chewing gum and any thing I can think of or read online to pop my ears. Yet still nothing.

The only relieve I get is when I pull gently on my ear lobe, it seems to open the ear up but once I let go its clogged again. When I go to sleep and wake up it becomes worse. Every morning I wake up with NO hearing at all in my left ear. It slowly opens up to about 50-60% hearing. I don't have heath insurance right now so going to the DR is out. Please tell me this isn't an ear infection, what can I do to relieve this pressure? Will it go away on its own?

Hello, it can be miserable to have a ear that is plugged up.  It seems that it could be obstructed with ear wax.  If you try to flush your ear with warm water, you may be able to dislodge the matter. You can buy an ear bulb that you can use to inject warm water easily into the ear canal.  You can get some ear drops that can soften the ear wax before you actually flush your ear.  Walmart should carry all of these supplies you need.  If you do this and it does not do anything for you, you should see your doctor.  Letting this problem go could damage your hearing.  I hope that you resolve your problem soon. 

Well I tried the water and still didn't help. I might try ear drops, but I don't have money to go to the DR. Which is what's worrying me I don't want perm damage to my ear but I can't do much else