Couldn't find what you looking for?


Hi, I am almost 16 years old, and my penis is uncircumcised. My foreskin is tight and it hurts to pull it back when i have an erection. It is okay to pull back when i am flaccid but, when i get an erection it hurts like heck. How should i go about this? I really want to get a circumcision, but I am not sure how to approach my parents. Can someone tell me how to approach my parents? Or should I wait until I need an physical and ask my doctor and have my doctor approach my parents? All responses help! thank you!


Hi Nelson,

You're normal.  This is common until about 16 or so.

Start stretching your foreskin.  Get an erection and pull down on the shaft skin so that the glans spreads the opening OR use your fingers.  It may help to do this in the shower as the warm water can help soften the skin.  Do it as often as you can.  Ideally your foreskin will slide up and down easily  when erect.

The glans will be very sensitive, almost painful, at first.  You'll get used to it shortly.  It's been covered and protected and isn't used to being touched.

You don't need a circumcision, not from your post.