Hi I’m 14 and when I’m erect, my foreskin won’t go back and it feels too tight, and it hurts when I try. I can do it when not erect but the thought of it makes me cringe so much, like scraping nails against a brick wall. Also, my head is really sensitive and stings and I’m really worried about it all. Is there anything I can do? 

Thanks a lot.

Hi Guest,

All of these are very normal.

Most guys can't retract while erect until around age 16 or so.  You can speed up the process by stretching.  Get an erection and pull down on the shaft skin so the glans (head) of your penis stretches the opening in your foreskin.  You can also use your fingers.  It can help to do this in the shower, the warm water helps soften the skin.  Do it as often as you can.

As to the sensitivity, your foreskin has protected the nerves and they are not used to being touched.  You will get used to it in time.

Again, these are normal.