I wish to apologise in advance to anyone if this sounds weird but it is a serious problem. I am 15 years old and I am afraid to pull back my foreskin. This is really for two main reasons: 1. Whenever I've tried to clean my penis, the head or glans, I think it is, is extremely sensitive. I'm afraid of this. 2. I'm afraid of not being able to pull the foreskin forward to it's original spot when under the head. I'm not going to lie, I watch porn and whenever I see it, it worries me. The men are all able to completely expose their Penis head easily and receive oral without any sensitivity. This is really worrying and I have been afraid to receive a blow job because of the sensitivity. I am able to masturbate fine without exposing the head completely. So basically, I'm afraid to advance further in life in relation to sex because of the sensitivity of my penis head. I was wondering is there any way to improve this sensitivity, so I can receive oral like a normal teenage boy. Again, sorry if this sounds weird. But it is an ongoing problem and I am afraid to discuss it with anyone. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Cska,

It is normal for you to not be able to retract your foreskin, up until about 16 or so.  I DO suggest that you start working on it though.  It will make sex more pleasurable for you.

1.  Yes, the head (glans) is sensitive now and it can even hurt.  This is normal.  The glans has been protecting all those nerves and they aren't used to being touched.  In time they will be less sensitive.  You can start by just letting the glans stay exposed a bit.

2.  For pulling back your foreskin, get an erection and pull down on the shaft skin so that the glans spreads the opening.  Or, you can use your fingers to spread the opening.  Skin grows by stretching.  The more you do it the sooner you'll be able to retract it.

You are normal.  You don't have to hurt yourself but you may feel some discomfort as you begin exposing your glans.  It's all normal.

The alternative, a circumcision, is not very pleasurable.  Translation: learn to tolerate the minor discomfort as you stretch your foreskin. 

Hope it helps.

Thank you for taking the time out to answer this. I was really in some distress. I will take what you say into account, as well as others.

Again, thank you!

Hello again. I tried doing what you said in exposing the glans. I did it in the shower, but when I pulled the foreskin back, it just rolled back into place. Any suggestions?

For most guys, when they pull it back and let go it goes right back where it was or nearly so.

Why do think you're NOT a normal teenage boy? That sensitivity is very normal and it won't prevent you from having oral sex, trust me. When you're turned on most of the sensitivity goes away and if it bothers you just tell her to go easy. If she has any experience she will probably know anyway.

You can desensitize it by touching it all over ---- a lot, but it takes time.

Hi Cskafan:

You are blessed with a protective, highly-innervated, erogenous foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision,

You should thank your parents for protecting your physical integrity. Because of your physical integrity you will be able to have sex the way nature intended it.

Women are much more likely to have an orgasm when the male is foreskinned.

You are a normal teen-age boy. It is the others who aren't normal.

The men in the videos are adult males. You are still developing. That is the major difference.

Paraphimosis is the name of the condition of a retracted foreskin that is stuck behind the glans penis (head) of the penis and will not go forward. One can read about paraphimosis on the Internet.

If the foreskin is tight enough it can cut off blood circulation to the head and cause edema (swelling due to fluid accumulation). Paraphimosis should be promptly reduced when it occurs. Paraphimosis may be reduced by squeezing the head of the penis really hard to force the blood to leave the head. This will reduce the size of the head temporarily at which time the foreskin may be brought forward.

If attempts to reduce the paraphimosis are unsuccessful, then one should go to the emergency room of a nearby hospital.

Do NOT let anyone sell you a circumcision. It is not necessary.

You should stretch the tip of your foreskin to make it wider so this does not reoccur.