Hi.  I'm new to this site, was researching shaking associated with alcohol withdrawal.  If anyone has experienced anything I'm about to described I would love to hear from you and your experience.  My husband and I both have a few cocktails usually every night, him whiskey, me vodka or wine.  Due to other medical issues he's having to undergo a few rounds of chemo and in the last week developed a kidney infection and basically hasn't felt like drinking anything.  For about the last 10 to 12 days he hasn't drank anything and began having these shaking episodes.  He feels a chill coming on and then just starts shivering all over, pretty severely.  His heart rate increases and we pile on the electric blanket and a few more.  They usually last an average of 30 minutes sometimes shorter and he usually has an episode once a day.  After he's "warmed" back up and the shaking subsides then he's roasting from the electric blanket and heat and is exhausted from muscle contractions I suppose from all the shivering.  While in the hospital with the kidney infection the doctor and nurses felt as though it was alcohol withdrawal.  I've read on numerous websites that shaking is a symptom but most of them say it's the hands or legs.  I just haven't found anything that quite describes what he's going through.  Mainly I was just wondering if this is common and really want to know how long to expect it to last.  Thanks for any help!

The "shaking attacks" you describe do fit in the alcohol withdrawal syndrome and they could be potentially very dangerous, especially because your husbands health is already compromised. They are dangerous, because, as you already seen they cause change in heart rate, pulse and other important body functions, and for things to be worse, these symptoms can last up to few weeks so it probably would be best if you consulted with the doctors about these specific symptoms related to alcohol - they are treatable, so it's better not to risk already compromised health of your husband.

my hubby had a drinking problem also. he got bad stomach pains etc, and he started to drink no carb monsters.. idk why or what it did but it helped him 100%.
not much info but hope it helps your love like it did mine.

The best way to stop the shaking is to go on a juice fast (no sugar, coffee,canned goods, white bread, booze etc.). Eat no solids or processed foods, only juice (carrot, kayle, ...green vegies, apple etc.). After a few days, your shakes will stop.

I've tried everything to stop the shaking including getting super drunk and sometimes that doesn't even work. Ive tried eating a lot of sugar, muscle relaxers, klonopin, valium, etc... the thing that helped the shaky hands go away the quickest was Benadryll.. maybe thats not good advice to anyone, but if you just need to stop shaking in front of family/friends/coworkers -- that has worked the best for me