Hello!I am a 31 year old female.  I am 5'3" and weigh 200 lbs.  I am a smoker of about 1/2 pack per day.

I have been having various pains for some time now and am not sure where they are starting from.I have mild chest discomfort left side, left arm pain, left shoulder pain, left neck pain/stiffness, upper back pain.  The pain is mostly constant. 

I started seeing a chiropractor about 5 months ago, who was not sure what was going on.  We started to think the pain was maybe coming from my shoulder and the other pain was referred pain.  So, I started with Physical Therapy.  I saw an orthopedic surgeon who thought maybe I had bursitis and gave me a steroid injection, which did not help.  So back to PT I went.  He now thinks that i might have a herniated disk in my mid/upper back which is maybe causing all of these symptoms.  I am not so sure.

I have had the chest pain on and off for a few years.  I have had 2 EKG's (last one probably 2 years ago), have had my cardiac enzymes checked (last time probably a year ago).  I was sent to see a cardiologist, who pretty much said it would be a waste of time to do a stress test, because I was too young to have heart problems.  However, I have read plenty of stories of young people with heart problems!

In the last few weeks, I have started to get some jaw and ear pain as well.  Not really pain, just a slight discomfort.

Medications I am on:  Protonix 40 mg once per day and depo provera shot for about 6 years.

I have a history of daily headaches, for which I have had several MRI's for.  These MRI's showed some "white spots" which were dismissed as nothing after a workup with a neurologist.

I have been told the my cholesterol is fine.  My blood pressure varies...anywhere from 128/90 to 149/95.Sorry for the long post, but I am just wondering if you think any of this could be cardiac related. 

When I search the internet with my symptoms, everything comes up with Heart Attack!  Kind of scary!  Especially when so many doctors have dismissed me over the years! Any input would be appreciated! 

Thank you!  Kelly

It could be yes, I am only 33 and went through a ton of docs, was even diagnosed with epilepsy after one day while teaching my blood pressure dropped, my heart rate went thru the roof and i fell unconscious, hit my head which caused the seizure, they swore maybe I had the seizure before i hit the ground. I went through 3 weeks of major epilepsy testing, i mean greuling testing, in a hospital bed where i was only allowed to use the bathroom, just to find out it was my heart, i have a tachycardia syndrome, which has been diagnosed through a tilt table test/blood/experiences/heart rate monitors, i even had a monitor implanted in my chest, problem is i have had procedures where they cauterize to try to fix the problem and unforunately it is kind of hit and miss and with my age they are reluctant to go right to a pacemaker, but i have been through 7 procedures including some other surgeries in the last 12 months and i am ready to take a major step but i get chest tightening/pain/headaches and left earaches when my heart rate goes batty, i take heart medicine, a ton of it,unfortunately it doesn't help, 31 is not too young, they thought that with me, i was only like 28 when it happened, but i lost my teaching job, our car, home, all because for years they didn't know what it was so it was hard to get disability when u have no real diagnosis, i would wish this on anyone, we are pretty much homeless right now and my father in law just died of a heart attack two nights ago bc he refused to go to a doctor for 6 years, take charge people, and also look at your family history, my dad died of heart disease at 49, so i knew from the start it may be a possibility later. I just dont want anyone to go through the painful/financial/emotional strain that we have. I may have lost half my life but i dont want u to lose yours trying to find a diagnosis.

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry to hear what you have been through. Do you know if your issue could be detected with an EKG or Blood Work?

All of my doctors are dismissing me because I only have smoking and being overweight as risk factors...no family history and I'm only 31.

They are all contributing this pain to the mildly bulged discs in my c-spine and t-spine.

I am just trying to figure out what my next steps should be. I am from a very small town (110 miles to the nearest major hospital).

I had all of the same symptoms you are talking about along with a couple more. I am not a DR so please keep in mind this has been my experience and is no more than opinion. Your blood pressure is a bit high and I am guessing your heart rate is faster than it should be. If I am right and your resting heart rate is high ask your doc to help u to lower it which will also lower your blood pressure. Also with your age, weight and the fact you are a smoker birth, control with hormones in it is NOT helping your heart or blood pressure. Good Luck hope it helps :)

i have had about 30 ekg's i have to have them everytime i go to the cardiologist and i have been going for over 3 years, blood work does not really tell them much about heart issues as far as pressure and heart rate, the internal monitor they put in your chest is the most accurate, and a tilt table test will let u know if u have the symptoms related to postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, or pots for short.