Hi, I'm 17 and I know this is a terrible topic to look on, especially for my age, but I really need some answers.. On March 26th, me and my boyfriend were fooling around for a bit, no sexual intercourse but just dry hump/dry sexing. He had his boxers on and I had my jeans on but after awhile we got a bit more into it and I took my jeans off and we went at it for less than a minute before I stopped because I was worried about getting pregnant. I went to go clean up in the restroom, and I wiped inside.. My underwear was wet but I assumed that was from my own body fluid; he didn't ejaculate. I've been stressing about it until now; I've had brown, mucus-y spotting and then pink for one day. I've been waiting for my period (My last was around March 22nd I believe) and I noticed today I had some blood when I wiped. I think it's my period but I'm not sure, it seems like a lighter red... I've also never had any PMS symptoms before, but yesterday the undersides of my breasts were tender and so were my nipples, and today I'm having minor cramping. I haven't taken the pregnancy test yet, I'm so scared of getting the results and I can't tell y parents. It was a huge mistake and I regret it so much. Please help.

Hi Scared,

March 22nd, was that when your period started or ended?

If it started then, having sex on the 26th would likely be too early to get you pregnant.  If it had ended then, maybe.

The brown spotting then pink, when was that?

I'm assuming you're about a week before your period is due.  If you're seeing spotting now then it MAY be implantation bleeding.  You can test now if you want since it has been more than two weeks since you had sex.  Be sure to use your very first morning urine (wake-up).  It will give you the best accuracy.

If it's negative, wait another 7-10 days then retest.

Good luck.

When it had ended. The spotting was around last week or so.. I'm bleeding right now, it shows on my pad and when I wipe. :l

By my calculations, your period should be due to start soon, say in 4-5 days.

The timing of the spotting isn't good, nor is the cramping. If he didn't ejaculate though, the odds are low. Even with precum, if he hadn't just ejaculated it is unlikely.

Scared, if you can, wait until your period is due and see what happens. You can test now if you want but it is early and testing early false negatives are common. False positives are rare.

If you test, use your very first (wake-up) urine. It is more concentrated so more likely to give you an accurate result.

If you test negative and still haven't had your "normal" period 7-10 days after it was due, retest.

Hang in there. Don't just assume you're pregnant. While things may look like you are the only real ways to know are by a test or you not having your "normal" period.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Sorry, but I thought periods come every month, so shouldn't it have been sometime this week? :l And thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it heaps(:

I might not have remembered it correctly, but I think I misinformed you of when my period ended.. I'm not entirely sure whether or not it was during the 12-16 or 19-23 like I said. I don't think I'm pregnant, I'm having bleeding now and it seems to be my normal menstruation. I don't have cramps anymore.(: