i wana know how long implantation bleeding lasts and how it is differnt from normal period?

Health Advisor
Hello! There is a big difference between implantation bleeding and period. First of all, an implantation usually occurs a week after ovulation while period should occur two weeks after implantation. (+-)

Now, periods have a pattern of being heavy at first and then getting lighter and lighter and usually last 5-7 days. Implantation bleeding is usually just spotting, much lighter, doesn’t have that pattern and usually lasts for one day although some women reported cramping and spotting for a few days. Not all women would experience implantation bleeding.

What kind of symptoms are you experiencing?

Is it an implantation bleeding or period? Many, many women ask themselves this question. 

There are a few ways to tell the difference. 

PERIODS, if they are regular, occur at predictable times. They tend to start off lightly, after which the flow increases, and they last quite a few days as the poster above said. They also tend to feature bright, fresh blood combined with other menstrual tissues. 

An IMPLANTATION BLEEDING, on the other hand, happens between seven and 12 days after conception, which is before your normal period is due. It does not typically last for longer than two days and it consists of very light spotting, You will see old, brown blood. 

Hi. My last period started on the 24th of March and ended on the 28th, by husband and I started having unprotected sex on the 29th,31th,2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th of April, then on the 10th, I started cramping and when I wiped, I noticed some light pink or brown spotting, it wasn't alot, and I only saw it when I wiped. It lasted 2 1/2 days, and now I'm still cramping a little, but not much. I was wondering if this is implantation bleeding, I took a pregnancy test, and was neg. but I don't think I would be far enough along to show up yet. My periods never come early and are usually a lot heavier. My periods are normally 2 weeks or so late every month. So I don't know what else this spotting could mean? so is it possible that I am pregnant?

implantation can last up to a week...i have been told by loads of people it does...it dont just lst for 2days at all

Very true..IMPLANTATION lasts between 6-13 days, but not all women will bleed during implantation!

Some women bleed during ovulation, but that does not mean all women will.

Okay i feel a lot better now that i have heard that implantion bleeding can last 6-13 days. Heres the Down Low on my situation my husband and i have been trying to conceive for 4 months and we have sex on a regualr basis every day sometimes twice. Anyways my last period was on July 22nd i ovulated on the 6th and had sex every day leading up till then. Starting the 13 i started have a lot of extra discharge like almost clumpy and sticking to me, sorry TMI i know, that lasted about 2 days then i started having that along with some very light brown but only when i wipe for about 2 days longer after that i started having some bleeding not heavy at all and ended up just going away after two days. I have 30 day cycles so my period is due on the 21st of August, not here! So im not sure what is going on, i am very regular. I took a EPT yesterday but im afraid it is too early because i have low HCG levels naturally, my mom didnt know she was pregnant until she was 3 1/2 months along. I have extra tired the last 3 weeks, im talking going to bed at like 7. Last night was no exception i went to bed at 7 but i woke up like ten times durring the night to pee and then eat, which never happens to me. Any ideas. I hope its what i want i want a child very badly. Thanks in advance.

i believe that it can last longer too, because i was on my period two weeks ago and ive been lightly bleeding(brown) for going on four days and cramping! being queasy you know the whole nine! so it differs from woman to woman.............i havent taken a test yet but i just know(woman's intuition) i'll take one in like a week :-D

megs1985 wrote:

It sounds to me like you are pregnant!!! The thing that made me know that something was different is when underneath of my arms hurt, sort of in my arm pit area real close to my boobs. I took a test 13 days after having sex (I took First Response) and it came back very faint positive. The doctor's pee test came back negative but blood work came back positive. After about 4 weeks along, I was waking up every 2-2 1/2 hours to pee. I was always very tired. I had implantation bleeding that lasted for almost 1 month!!!!!! So implantation bleeding can last a lot longer than they say. Also, I stopped bleeding after 3 1/2 weeks and it came back a month later and lasted another 3 1/2 weeks. So every woman is different. You know your body better than anyone, if you think you are go get a blood test done, not a urine b/c chances are the urine will come back with a false negative. Some of the urine tests out on the market are better than what most labs used. I researched First Response, it goes as low as 25 and Lab Corp only goes as low as 50 (and this is for the urine tests).

I had my last period on the 24/11/2006 with a 28 day cycle i ovulated on the 8/12/2006 had sex on 3-9th December, due for my period on the 22/12/06 but have been having a light bleed when i urinate this started on the 15/12/06 (only lasted half the day and was very light and reddish) which is one week after ovulation and one week before my period could i be pregnant? (and yes i need the toilet so much these days but thats all so far!....and a lot of clear fluid which leaked out and filled my pads about 3-4 times but this was only in one day after that it never happened)

someone help what do you guy z think?

i did not have unprotected sex, but a few days before I should have gotten my period, I really felt like it was coming, and there was trace amounts of spotting (which has never ever ever happened before), but it was gone after 1 day. Then when my period was supposed to come, it came 6 days late. During the 6 days, my stomach would feel a little queasy, and at times I was smelling more than normal, and I felt like I was getting my period (I actually had to run and check sometimes 'cause I thought it started). On the 5th day, I did a home pregnancy test (clear blue) and it showed up negative. When I woke up on the morning on the 6th day, I felt like I had my period (cramps, back ache, etc) but it was a bad one, although it seemed like a normal period, so I figured I wasn't pregnant and continued on. However, my stomach still sometimes feels slightly queasy, and it will feel like cramps and bach ache are going to start, but then it goes away. Any ideas?

I had my period around the 7th i started bleeding two days ago not bad not like i was on my period and i got little cramps in my pelvic region and still have a little pink not bad though and i have never been pregnant so i dont under stand what is going on.

Hello-
I just found out I'm pregnant. I've been experiencing implantation bleeding for about 4 days now. Thanks SO much for posting your experiences with me. It really puts my mind at ease. My drs. appt isn't for another 4 weeks- although, had I not known what implantation bleeding was, I probably would have tried to get in earlier and been all worried. Like the rest of you- I really only see "the brown" (yuk) when I wipe. Thanks again!
Laine

hiya
I got brown spotting 2 days before period was due. On the third day, it was slightly heavier for 2 more days and then it got lighter again. I had cramps like period pains on day 1. I am still, 10 days later, experiencing brown discharge. Did 5 PG tests at home (digital ones) and they all say Pregnant. Went to docs this morning and he confirmed and sent me to hospital for transvaginal. They could see nothing on the scan. Then had an internal and nothing. They have taken blood and will let me know if I have pregnancy hormone tomorrow. The doc said it could be eptopic, miscarriage or that it is too small to see at the moment. My breasts are very sore and I feel bloated. Not been sick but nauseaus. No stomach pain at all.
Has anyone else had this?

Thank all of you so much for your help with the implantation thing. I have been noticing some brown spotting myself and have had mild cramping. I have had the spotting for 6 days and I keep reading on all these web sites that it only lasts 2-3 days....so.... to hear from other woman that they have had it longer really makes me feel better. I had a miscarriage back in December so I would really like it to work out this time. I could use any prayers you guys wanna hand out. Thanks again for all of your help.