I had a radical sacrectomy surgery on 11/17/08 to remove a chordoma, and subsequently a post-op infection requiring a second surgery on 12/08/08. I have a JP drainage tube due to the cavity remaining after tumor removal, and the surgeon will remove it when it gets down to 30cc/day. Problem is, the drainage remains at 46-48cc/day. Is there something I can do to speed up internal tissue healing so that my body can absorb this drainage and the JP can be removed? How long does this type drainage typically last??
Thank you!

Hi there,

It seems to me that something is wrong here. I am not sure but I think that this should’ve stopped by now and your drainage is just continuing to occur. Have you talked to your doctor about this problem? What did he tell you about the recovery process? I know that the recovery is not simple but you should’ve seen some improvement by now. Do you have any pain? Are you using any medication that doctor prescribed you after the surgery? Are you able to contact your doctor and see if there is something that you can do to stop this? I hope this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,

Marco