Hello. I'm 22 year old male and since I broke my big toe in high school on some basketball game- it has never healed well.
Now, on the same place, some bone deformity has developed and this represents a big problem for me now because I can't wear some normal snickers because of excessive pain that it causing me.
I have heard some stuff about some bunionectomy operation and I was thinking about it a lot. I know that it will solve my problem for good but I'm afraid of recovery period.
You see, I can't have it done if recovery period would be too long because the new season is coming and I must keep on training and playing. Please, if anyone knows maybe more about it-feel free to write about it.

Hello. I have this operation done last year in September and I will tell you some facts you should know if you’re planning to have it done.
Bunion surgery generally involves an incision in the top or side of the big toe joint and the removal of soft tissue and bone to relieve pain and restore normal alignment to the joint.
I really don’t know when your next playing season is starting and to be honest with you- I don’t want to know. The longer you wait- the worse it will be after. This is very radical operation and I'm very sorry to say but recovery could last for a long time. As far as I know about all this- recovery period after bunion surgery is 6 weeks to 6 months, depending on the amount of soft tissue and bone affected and this is just for walking. If you’re planning to play basketball after operation- complete healing may take as long as 1 year.

It is better if your have surgery done when you are young.
I would not wait for years to have it fixed.
I would find a good doctor and do it over the next
few months to a year.

When having surgery, the younger you are; the better.
You will heal faster.
Research and find a very good doctor.
I would not postpone it for year.
I would think about having the surgery over the next
few months or year.

If surgery is needed as a result of injury, yes it is better to do at a younger age. But if is a structural/developmental problem it's best to wait til growth is well done with, at least 25 or so.

Being young is in your favor for easier and full recovery. The important thing to remember when having this surgery is that afterward you will have a broken bone in your foot.
I have read many of these posts where people complain about the "long" recovery and I want to scream, 8 weeks is the "average time for a bone to mend. The younger and healthier you are the faster it will mend. But you have to treat it as you would if you broke a bone in your foot in an accident. Elevate, ice, limit weight bearing until completely healed. Most of the complainers are whining because they can't resume their active lifestyle after 3 weeks..Its a broken bone!! It doesn't matter if they put in a pin or screw...the bone still needs to heal and swelling and last up to six months.
But be aware some permanent numbness is a side effect I don't know about you but I'd rather have numbness in my toe than all the pain I had before surgery.
Do your research..Talk to people that are happy with their outcome not just the ones that aren't and make an educated decision. Good luck either way.