I have a question, for about the last 2-3 months my throat feels like it is closing off. Not always ,but 5-6 times a day. I discribe this feeling as a garden hose being kinked off, otherwise I feel generally fine. If anyone has had this feeling please reply.

Thanks

I had this happen once about a week ago. I'm still trying to figure out if I was choking and just didn't know it. I took my 2 children out to a restaurant for supper and all I had at this time was a small piece of garlic toast and a half glass of red wine. I didn't have anything in my mouth and I broke into a hysterical coughing fit and once my the cough stopped my throat was closing up....it is was like someone pinching my breathing tube....I thought I was going to die and was very scared. I went to the front desk and tried to talk and tell the hostest that I couldn't breath....within 5 minutes my throat felt more - less normal but I was shooken up. I went to the hospital for a check up but the doctor said he didn't know what it was and sent me home with an ativan to help me relax.....as if I was about to take an ativan when I have a fear of my throat closing up again. I live in city where the health care system sucks really bad....the faster the doctors get you in and out the faster they make a few dollars....I CANNOT WAIT TO MOVE!!!

Hi:
This sounds like an allergic reaction to something, likely some food or seasoning. I'm sure you've considered the garlic factor by now. However, you need a professional allergies test. Have you seen and ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctor? Your symptoms should scare you in that direction. Stress just adds to your situation. I wouldn't play with this. There are people who die from food allergies if they can't get treated immediately. Even if you didn't have this problem before; allergies can be developed as you get older. Have you ever had anything happen like this when you had not eaten just prior to the episode? That's an important consideration before you get to the doctor. He/she will probably ask that question. I hope you get this figured out. I hope your children weren't traumatized. Take care of yourself. Your kids need you to be around for them in the future.

I have also had this feeling, since about October, where my throat feels like someone has a tight grip around it. i don't have trouble swallowing or breathing, but it's very uncomfortable. I read somewhere that this might be a thyroid problem and that most people have this symptom only at night, but i have been having it at random times throughout the day. it seems to be getting worse by the week, and i'm not sure if its because i'm so stressed out about what the problem could be that its make my throat feel tighter. I'm really concerned that this could be an AIDS related symptom because i had unprotected sex not long before the symptoms started to occur. I was tested for HIV back in december and the results were negative, but i still had this symptom. My OB/GYN told me to be tested again and i'm still waiting on the results. I'm so afraid and not sure what to do. the suspense is killing me. Also, I believe that my family has a history of thyroid problems, so it might be attributed to that but i'm not sure. Has anyone had the same problem or am i going crazy?

This is happening to me everytime I cough. It makes me feel like I am choking... Doctor is treating me for bronchitis and tonsilitis with elequine antibiotic and aerius. I am hoping this cures all.

How did you do to get help for the some become am also fill the some,most likely at night,help me please