after having sex with my boyfriend, my vagina felt hot, inflamed and swollen. it looked as if my two inner lips were swollen and puffing out, and puffing up down and almost to my anus.
this is the second time its happened after intercourse. the first time i noticed it after immediately hopping in the shower after sex and thought it may have had to do with the sex and hot shower afterwards. this time thorugh, there was no hot shower. i put ice on the puffy/swollen area and it seemed to go down relatively quick.

i recently went to the gyn and got an STD check and etc, and was totally fine. i think it may have to do with how my boyfriend shaves his pubes (even trimming/shaving the hair on the lower part of his shaft). does that seem right or should i be more worried? and when should i decide that this is a problem worthy of a visit to the doctor rather than just rest and less sex?

Hi. It could be from the shaving - if he has a bit of prickly regrowth then it could be rubbing on you during sex and causing a bit of irritation. Do you use a lubricant? If you are too dry there can also be irritation from the rubbing

When you have sex you are rubbing constanly against each other which will cause things down there to become a bit swollen. Depending on how long and how hard the sex was, it's a great chance that that is what caused it.

If your BF has some stubble for pubic hair then that def. a cause of some irritation.

The use of a lube is always a great idea no matter what.

Take care :-)

What you're describing is pefectly normal. The reason it gets hot and swollen is because blood is rushing to that area when having intercourse. Unless you're talking about black and blue swollen - I would see a doctor.

it could also be condoms... ever thought u might have an allergy to latex?

I am so glad I found this site...
I had sex 7 times on last Saturday and I am STILL (Sat) SORE, INFLAMED, irritated, sores on my lip, plus I am just getting over a UTI. My DR. did a culture and sais she thinks it is herpes...but I was tested for everything in August and it was negative...I have been with my same faithful boyfriend for a year.
So if this is "normal" as some of you say...is it normal for it to be so sore one week later? I have been freaking out since I found this out. PLEASE please advise. I would love someone else's opinion.
Thank you in advance for reading and responding.

Danigirl1074 Maybe cuz you had sex 7 times! Having too much sex can cause you to swell. Especially if you were not wet! You need to give your vagina a rest between intercourse. Too much sex in one day will irritate the vagina and cause it to swell, especially if you werent wet enough!

I know that if you have a bit of rough sex, not lubricated enough, or haven't rested in between sessions ESPECIALLY if your boyfriend is packing it can get really sore down there. Just recently, I've had sex with my boyfriend at least once every single day and he's extremely thick and a little over 8 inches long. I'm the type of gal that no matter what I stay tight so every time he feels like he's doing a virgin, I feel like I'm losing my cherry again lol.

And the vagina does get puffy when you orgasm from all the blood flow.

Does anybody know why my vagina is always hot almost to do point of boiling hot?

I have zero infection and no STDs. My doctor claims my vagina is healthy and everything is fine after tests.

When I have intercourse, my partner complains that my inside is too hot. Without intercourse, I still feel my vagina burning hot. Does anybody have any idea what I can do to cool down my vagina?

I have a friend whose vagina is always cold and her husband refuses to sleep with her for over two years now. She is very upset, but the husband claims he no longer enjoys her because she is always cold down there. It is her husbands complaint that prompted me to ask about my hot vagina and if you are able to help this girl that has a cold vagina, I will also appreciate it.

Thanks.

You are wise to consider the possibility of an infection or other problem in why your vagina may feel abnormally warm or hot. However, having ruled that out, there are a few things that can be done. Not all are wise.

First, realize that our heat is a function of metabolism. Some people just have higher rates of metabolism and their system runs a degree or two high... others, just a bit lower. But the average is 98.6 F

Now, during periods of sexual excitement, blood flow increases to the genitals and so, you would expect to have more blood, and hense warmer sensation in the vagina. If your partner has a wet or lubricated genital before insertion, or even if they pause between sessions of intercourse, in a cooler or drier climate, their organ will cool off slightly, and so, upon re-insertion, you'll feel much warmer than they do.

What to do?

Some people prefer this warmth.
Some will want to insert a cool liquid lube, or a gel. But that will warm up as well.
Some will want to bathe in a cool bath or use a refrigerated (read that, cooled down) dildo...
and some will want to do some form of cool water douche. NOTE: Very few doctors will not recommend a douche, as it tends to upset the natural PH balance of the vagina and, the forcing of any liquid into the vagina can be dangerous.

Having given those cautions, let's go one step further...
The Joy of Sex (by Alex Comfort) and other sex manuals of the same period, speak alluringly of using a single ice cube on the external secondary sex zones (nipples, arms, thighs, lips) as a stimulus. By extension, some may choose to explore with the lips of the vagina. The risk, of course, is frostbite or freezing the delicate tissues, and so, a fleeting swipe or dripping the melting water might be a better thought.

Again, I'm not advocating any of this, as I don't know your age, circumstances, climate or tolerance to any of these ideas.

I'm just bringing them up and out into the open for discussion.

The girl that has hot vagina she is lucky the problem is you BF doesn't recognize the amazing girl he has my girl is cold and really can say is not fun to have sex with her my penis feels like is sticking it a cold water and makes my penis go to sleep i really love women with hot vagina's is the best.

The girl that has hot vagina she is lucky the problem is you BF doesn't recognize the amazing girl he has my girl is cold and I really can say is not fun to have sex with her my penis feels like is sticking it a cold water and makes my penis go to sleep I really love women with hot vagina's is the best.

I get swollen during sex. Only if I have a lot of sex, and at ANY point there was not enough natural lube. Sometimes one or both of my labia majors get swollen, from all the friction. Sometimes the glands inside the labia minors, more of the actual vagina opening.. Way worse with Condoms. Foreplay is the best prevention. Vibrators on the clit during intercourse really helps, lube helps, really relaxing is the best. . Vaseline is really great, but do not use too much, I have read your can more easily develop an infection.. although I have not experienced this. Waterbased lubes are said to be more hygenic than vaseline (for a second options) but waterbased doesn't cut it for me. My partener is packing 10 inches, and worries something ight burst! That is when we take a break, or I ice myself for a bit before we keep going.
don't worry unless there is gross colors, discharge or bleeding. or if the swelling doesn't go down with ice, or in a few hours.

i had sex tonight i have been away for just over a week,
when he was puttin it i was wet, but it felt painfull and dry, during sex my vagina just felt numb,
when i walked home i found it hard to walkas it was sore,
when i got in i had a look and my vagina was so imflamed, it looked like my two inner lips had bulged out and looked sore,
this had never happend before,
how do u get rid of it?
and i think it was caused becoz i wasnt wet enough, im not sure....
any suggestions im really worried ?

i had sex once and he torn my vagina, this is normal maybe you have soemthing simular tot hat.. but im no pro