I have a cyst that measures 16.7 x 11.8 x 15 cm on my right ovary and against and over the top of my uterus. I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant and already considered high risk because I have Graves' Disease as well as this cyst that the OB's are calling a tumor.

They have told me that I will need to have surgery to remove the tumor during my 2nd trimester. This has me utterly terrified. I'm hoping to find someone who has had this done. Know something about it being done. And can give me some statistics of successful surgery and term birth.

I don't have any answers for you unfortunately, but I just had my 20 week ultrasound today and found out that I have an ovarian cyst/tumour that measures 25 cm or about 10 inches across. I am having surgery early next week and they tell me this is the best time to operate on it as the baby is developed enough but hasn't grown too big yet. I am in complete shock about this. The doctors are telling me that all will probably be well but I will have a very large incision and will be in recovery for at least 6 weeks after the surgery. So, I sympathise and I would also like to get more answers about this situation.

K.

I had my surgery a little under 3 weeks ago actually, I was 12 weeks 5 days pregnant. I am uncertain if they told you that over 18 weeks there is a higher risk of pre-term labor because of the surgery they do. If it gives you any hope however, my baby and I pulled through the surgery with flying colors and I am 15 weeks 3 days pregnant! If you want to talk about what is going on, or what you are going through please feel free to contact me via my private e-mail which is PageStory at gmail dot com. I cried up until I was actually in the operating room, and I was in a lot of pain afterwards.

It is scary, and I wish they had found your tumor earlier (at 25cm it is considered a tumor even if it is only a "cyst"), in my case it was a tumor actually and thankfully non-cancerous. The surgery team I had was amazing, the hospital was wonderful, and I am still struggling with the incision and recovery but we are doing well and the baby is okay and that was what was most important. Do not be afraid to take pain medications they will give you, I was on morphine at first and Vicodine for about 10 days after my discharge (which was 4 days for the hospital stay).

I will have you in my thoughts and prayers for a safe surgery and healthy quick recovery.

i am very sorry for you i am 14 i found out when i was 13 that i had ovarion cyst. its scaring for we have to be srong