My niece who stays with me during the day has bumps that look like warts all over her butt. My sister took her to dr two months ago, and got some topical prescription cream to put on them three days a week, but never finished the treatment because she said the cream dried out her bottom. I am worried my kids or I will get them, and my sister hasn't taken her back to dr. I have caught her with her hands down her pants scratching or touching them, so I think they are bothering her. What could they be?

warts are the bodies way of getting rid of toxins

Did she have vaccinations sometimes that vaccine virus comes back out in warts, there is a skin creme wart removal called wart gel

let me know if you can't find it do not try to take them off or mess with them

My son has warts all over his butt as well and when i took him to the dr she had called it something that i cannot remember for the life of me. She said there basically isn't a treatment for it and that they would eventually go away on their own in about a year. She said they weren't contagious and any kid could get them just depending on if their body had the bacteria for some reason. She said they can also get it anywhere on their body, not just their butt and it was common in folds and dark places on the skin but not limited to. I wouldn't worry about getting them from your neice. I have been changing, washing, and rubbing cream and what have you on my toddler's butt for over a few months and haven't had a single wart show up on me.

my daughter has the same thing and I can't remember what the dr. called it as well. My daughter has them in the creases of her leg and on her bum. she did give me a topical cream and said that they should go away in time but if they don't they would have to use liquid nitrogen to burn it off, which I do not want. after one day of using the cream her bum looks better all ready. The perscription says: HC CR 1% clotrimaderm1% cr aa hydrocortisone/clotrimazole. My doctor said that it is highly contagious though and that frequent washing of the hands is a good idea. hopefully that helps.

My toddler had the same thing and I couldn't remember what the term was until I found it after some more research. It is called Molluscum Contagiosum.

Folks, this is HIGHLY contagious - avoid direct contact. My son contracted it from his kindergarten using the washroom. (it was obvious since all the bumps cropped up in a "toilet seat" ring around his backside - eww!) Please take care to cover up the bumps if others are using the same toilet. I was appalled this happened to him! If they scratch the areas, they can transfer the bumps to other parts of their bodies. Although it's not "serious", it's very distressing to the child AND it is a member of the HPV (herpes) virus family - HPV viruses can cause later troubles in life after dormancy. Yes, the bumps go away BUT IT TOOK 6 MTHS!
Quote:

From Wiki:
Molluscum contagiosum (MC) is a viral infection of the skin or occasionally of the mucous membranes. The virus commonly spreads through skin-to-skin contact. It is caused by a DNA poxvirus called the molluscum contagiosum virus (MCV). This common viral disease has a higher incidence in children, sexually active adults, and those who are immunodeficient,[1] and the infection is most common in children aged one to ten years old.[2] MC can affect any area of the skin but is most common on the trunk of the body, arms, and legs. It is spread through direct contact or shared items such as clothing or towels.

My dr told me the same thing about my son. I hate seeing them and now 6 months or more later he also has a weird looking rash, thinking I'm gonna ask again. I also can NOT remember the name of it but looking at images on goggle it looks a lot like what they call Molluscum contagiosum or "water warts" but those have a "cure" so guess that's not it.

You are completely wrong. Warts are caused by a virus and have nothing to do with vaccines.

True that. My daughter having that issus now. Is contagius, i took her to the skin dr. Give a treatment, was painfull 3 days later she got new ones. She always in pain, itching, shes 3yrs old, and i always 24hrs with her. When those thing pop it. Is painfull for them more in the privacy. And u can get it in the pool that from other kids that have it. Towel, bath, etc. Is contagius when when they open & watering. Im still dont kmow what to do.

Molluscum a skin issue in children

Molluscum contagiosum

It might sound strange but for months the Doctors gave me every cream and gel for these warts on my child’s bottom but nothing worked.
I then decided to rub them down with cotton wall with a tiny bit of tcp on and within days they cleared up

What is tcp?