Hey everyone! I'm almost 17 and i recently (well over the past 6 months) discovered that I have tuberous/tubular breasts. I am almost crying everyday over the fact that my breasts are deformed and I really really am so ashamed and embarrassed to even look at myself in the mirror now. I might have a hormonal imbalance since I only started getting my period at the age of 16. I also suffered from anorexia for a couple years which could have interrupted the development of my body. But I do not know what else could have affected my boobs to be deformed. I am scared to talk about this to anyone (family/friends/doctors). I really really need help and advice to natural 'cure' or correct my breasts. I can obviously not afford surgery or implants (especially since I would also have to wait a few years), so I really need help and tips/recommendations to correct my breast and have 'normal' shaped boobs. Can anyone recommend anything or tell me what to do? I am really ready to do anything to finally have normal and not deformed breasts. Thank you!

Health Guru

Hi Emilia. First of all don't feel bad thinking you have caused it by things you have done because it's not it's caused by congenital malformation (birth defect).

I understand how it makes you feel seeing yourself in a mirror knowing your different from others around you but not knowing how bad yours are or if there different sizes or shapes is hard to say how much they would be noticeable to others, after having a look at different sites about it the only way I can find about correcting it is with surgery to have implants that is best done by a surgeon who specialises in that field as it not as simple as normal breast argumentation. If it's affecting you psychologically then you may get it done without any cost depending what country your in. Don't feel ashamed or embarrassed about it because your not the only one out there like it both men and woman can suffer with it and there is no actual figure of how common a defect it is  because like you most that suffer from it are ashamed or embarrassed to seek help, do a Google search for tubular breasts and have a look at some of of the sites that offer reconstruction surgery and take a look at the before and after picture then I would advise you to go and see your doctor (female) preferably as they should be more understanding and explane how it's affecting you psychologically and see what they have to say.

Even though you don't like your breasts doesn't mean that there isn't someone out there that will love them :)

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate. I have spent a lot of time on google looking through websites with before and after pictures of the surgery. I really want to keep my body natural and have to go through any surgery or cosmetic changes whatsoever but I guess it's obliged that I get a surgical breast correction if I want to get rid of this issue. I was hoping to find some 'natural remedies' that work well and that I can use. I am bothered by the thought of telling my mother and asking if i could consult a doctor because I know well that she will not let me. I am at an age where I want to start 'showing' my body but am too afraid of being judged or hated or found abnormal because of my breasts.
Thank you for your reply whatsoever.

Health Guru

No problem and happy to help you where I can.
I have had another look through at different forums for tubular breasts and see some people on there talking about natural cures so thought I would do a Google search and see what it came up with, a lot of the sites that I come across and looked through didn't really give any results on success rates or before and after photos so was hard to tell, if you want to have a look for yourself then just copy and paste this into Google. natural treatment for tubular breasts

Another thing with a natural remedy would be that it would only work if both your breasts are symmetrical at the moment because if one is smaller or bigger or a different shape then a natural way would only enhance that more.
I'm curious to know why your bothered to talk to your mum can't it and for what reason your so sure she would say no to seeing a doctor about it, as with everyone there confidence comes from there looks, shape and size and I understand how that is affecting your confidence specially being nearly 17 and being judged by others and also for not being able to dress like others your age because you lack breast size and shape. I did read that it can be hereditary so does anyone else that you know in your close family have if?
If you have anything else you would like to ask feel free to either reply here or drop me a private message he you would rather. :)

Thank you so much for this kind reply. I will research on google for some natural treatments.
My breasts are symmetrical so I guess this is good.
My mother and I do not have a very stable and good relationship unfortunately and she believes that I keep exaggerating and focusing on what is not important (even though I can't help thinking about my breasts and how important they are to me).
Thank you always for your nice reply and advice.

Health Guru
Hi Emilia, I understand how hard it must be for you and the thought of being different in any way to others is a big deal for that person to try and get use to. I can't say that anything they discuss or say in them sites are true or even work and I would never advise anyone to buy products off the net unless they have been tried tested and approved first and that they guarantee they work or your money back.
I hope everything works out for you and you find a solution to your problem and don't forget if all else fails try for surgery on the grounds that it's causing psychological problems and
causes you to get depressed.
Glad I was able to help you a bit and he you ever want some more help just send a message here or a private message will be fine :)

Well thank you very much for your kind replies and for all your help. I will eventually have to try surgery one day if i can guarantee to have enough money for the process.
But i really appreciated all your help x

Health Guru
Your welcome Emilia, one last little bit for you to think about, I'm not sure where your from but here in England you can get that sort of breast reconfiguration surgery free if you go along the lines that it's causing you psychological distress and embarrassment so that's another line for you to look into so it will save you some money if possible. :)

Hi Girl! This may come a little late but I'm 33 years old and I just found out that my breasts are tuberous. Guess what!? Never bother any of my boyfriends or friends. Have seen countless doctors for screening exams and no one ever said anything. I found out because one if them was pointing a bit down more than usual and got an 'oh sh*t, getting old' moment. Breasts comes in multiple shapes and sizes. It all started with the invention of the implants. Your breasts are probably not deformed (unless one is significantly bigger than the other) but come on! We are humans! No one talks about the multiple shapes of penises!// Chill... love and respect yourself.... That's the best remedy. You can be all done by a surgeon and without a healthy mind you will keep looking ugly in your mirror. .... I love my very unique and crazy looking boobs. They are fun and unique and they really match my personality. Embrace yourself!! But most important, love thyself. Namaste!