i just went to the hospital today and found out that i had tuberous breast syndrome i just wanted know if anyone knew anything about it , I hvae to make a descision soon as i will be taking in for the opperation withing 6 - 12 months

I also have tuberous breast! It would be a dream for me to have a corrective surgery, but I don't have the money and insurance denied my claim.

anyway, I would love information as well. does anyone know what causes this condition?

Why not check out "Breast Health Online" site under "reconstruction & revision". There are lots of posts, support and information there. Ask them questions!

Tuberous Breast is a congenital deformity, and there is no known cause. It is simply in your dna, and you were born to have it.

I had mine surgerically corrected this year, and it was covered by my provincial health care. I was forunate enough that my plastic surgeon worked really hard to help me through this and to get it covered by the health care.

This isnt something you have to live with and it can be corrected. You need to find the right surgeon, who cares, and is willing to make the hard journey with you to do something about it.

Good luck!! and if you need any support, check out www.canadaba.ca and join the message boards. There are plenty of women there to offer support and advice!!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of web addresses is not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I saw this and it sounds like if you are happy with your body it is better to leave it as it is.

Oh dear, it looks like the link didn't work. I'll try and copy paste what she said.

UK
DISCOVER
WATCH
MORE
Why I Tattooed My Tubular Breasts
CHLOE KENT
28 AUGUST 2018, 07:20

Chloe's crocus tattoo, done by @colioscopy
In the novel Middlesex, there's an extended metaphor featuring the image of a crocus. The narrator of the story, Cal, is intersex. Presumed to be female and raised as such, they live out their childhood as "female" until being involved in a car accident. In the ensuing commotion, paramedics unclothe Cal and realise the ambiguous nature of their physical presentation, something Cal is only vaguely aware of in the hazy, muted way that children are of perceived aberrations beyond their scope of understanding.
Cal refers to their genitalia throughout as "the crocus", shying away from any explicit description of quite why they look "different", leaving it to the reader's imagination to fill in the blanks.

This is the reason I now sport the image of two crocuses over my sternum; one budding and one blooming, with a few foxgloves creeping up onto my chest.
I’m not about to claim the experience I detail here is remotely equivalent to that of an intersex person. But the crocus in Middlesex resonated with me because I too grew up with a part of my body which I knew was a deviation from the norm, without being able to put my thumb on exactly why.