I have been having breast deformity since I was born. It is caused by deficiency of breast tissue and skin, so called tuberous breasts. I have heard that it was possible to improve deformity like mine. I’m 13 now and would like to have that reconstruction as soon as possible. Please post if you know anything about plastic surgery for tubular breasts.

I also had tubular breasts, was born with that deformation, like you. I had the reconstruction at the age of 14. It took three operations to improve it. I’m 16 now and feel as a totally different person. I have new, round breasts. It took about 6-7 weeks for me to recover completely. It’s absolutely normal that you want to have the reconstruction. Wish you luck.

I am almost 14 and i always knew that there was something wrong with my breasts. I tried to brush it off. I thought that over time things would get better, until I heard about tuberous breasts. I am worried that this will ruin the rest of my life. I want to get a correction but do not know how to go about telling my parents. Anyone have any sugestions?

I too have tubular breasts, I'm 17 and have yet to tell my parents. It's not exactly the easiest thing to get out - I however, will wait until Im 18 to do anything about it.

It's sad being overweight and barely able to fit an A cup.

I came across your post in a google search for tubular breasts and I had to comment because I suffer from the same condition. I want you to know you aren't the only ones who have this problem, because I understand sometimes you feel like you are!
I have tubular breasts and also one that is very much larger than the other. I was always told they would "even out" as a I developed. I'm 19 now and I decided it was time to face the fact that something is seriously abnormal with my breasts and not going to fix itself. I finally told my mom about my problem and we set up a consultation with a plastic surgeon. I went to the appt today and I feel so much better after she explained to me that I have the tubular breast problem! I know that sounds crazy but it was just so relieving to finally hear it from someone who understands that it isn't me being vain, I really have a serious deformity. I feel like there is hope now! Don't give up.

Hi i've got tubular breasts, i'm 29 and had 3 ops to correct them through the nhs. i feel so much better i was a grade 4 5 being the worst but i have now learnt to love them and they are so much better. My partner doesn't leave them alone lol. If i knew how id put a photo up and show them off. Good luck everyone don't be down do something about them like i did. carrie uk.

I have always knew i had a problem with my breast. I have been the same size since 6th grade. I am now almost 19 and i still am the same size. I went to get a woman physical and the doctor had given me a referal to go see a plastic surgon. So i went and the doctor said i had tuberous breast. I had a date for the surgery and re-thought everything and decided not to go through. The guys i had dated did not care abut my breast. My boyfriend now loves them. I feel insecure sometimes but he keeps me feeling good about myself. There is no wrong with getting them fixed. Go for it if you can and you are 100% sure. Just know that you are not the only one.

WOW..I'm 49 and I noticed this deformity when I was also 14. When I went to the plastic surgeon, many years ago, it was considered very hard to fix and I also didn't have the money. I want you to know that you are not imagining things. It really does affect your life. The breasts are a big part of your visual femininity. It does greatly affect how people treat you and percieve you. I'm so glad you are looking at this at such an early age and that you now have good surgical options. I almost had it done several years ago but keep running into financial and health issues. I WOULD HAVE DONE IT AT 14 IF I KNEW WHAT I KNOW NOW. Go for it. Do it as soon as you feel comfortable. You won't regret it. I regret till this day not having it fixed. And I am still planning on doing it in the next year. What a difference it makes in your life! :-(

I had no idea what you meant by tuberous breasts so I did a search and came up with this:

I don't understand what the problem is. I think every one of them looks much better in the before photos. i wouldn't want my wife to spend any money turning herself into

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Don't know what key I hit to make that post before I hit submit.

It should have read ---- turning herself into one of those after pictures.

Hey! Good for you! I have tube boobs too, but I'm obviously dim because I just figured it out a couple days ago (I'm almost 21), and mine aint mild. I was really chubby as a kid and just thought they were all stretched and saggy because of that. I developed a nasty eating disorder too, and looking back I think a big part of it was the fact that my breasts always made me feel kind of fat and flabby, even when I was seriously underweight. I'm also unfortunate enough to have a kind of masculine build in the first place... relatively tall for a girl and broad shouldered and straight hipped. I feel like all my life I've been a tom boy, not by choice, but because no one really accepted me as a proper girl. I really hope I can have surgery and soon (I just need to find the cash... There should be a fund for people like us!).

Oh, and funny story. When I was 14 I went to Victoria's Secret looking for a strapless bra for homecoming. I heard the lady who was fitting me outside my fitting room talking to a coworker. The coworker asked "Did you try a push-up bra on her?" and my lady responded, "There's nothing to push up!" Luckily, I found it hilarious at the time and not extremely rude and insensitive and the kind of thing that might make a young lass feel deformed (although the heads up might have been helpful). Anyway, it's nice to know I'm not alone :-)

Well I'd say that you have a great sense of humor about it. What's bad is when you feel shame about something you have no control over. Youv'e got your body for your entire life. You might as well be happy with it and embrace it. If you don't, then you'll be unhappy and spend a lot of money trying to change it. Does that sound right?

My advice... Wait until your done having kids.. Oh, and Breast implants alone won't correct the shape.
I'm 29 now, had breast implants at age 17 and removed at age 24 because of a rupture/deflation, that occured while I was breastfeeding my 1st baby. I didn't have implants replaced, because I figured I should wait til I'm done having and breastfeeding babies. To my amazement, my boobs look better now than ever with no implants. My advice is be careful, see multiple doctors, and request to see before&afters of tuberous boobs, go with small implants. Warning.. Breast implants on tuberous breasts can give you a double-bubble or two breast appearance (the tubular boob just lays on the implant, so you still have a tuberous-shaped boobs!) Consult with many many doctors and see there before & after's on Tuberous Breasts!!! Most doctors just don't have the eye & experience for fixing tubular breasts. One more thing, even though many people have implants that last a long time, most have a life between 5-10 years. That's why I say go small, so if you need or choose to remove them, your boobs will still look nice. Like I said mine look better now with no implants, even compared to my teen days with tubular breasts.
I'm married to my high school sweetheart and he has loved me through it all, tuberous boobs and all!!!

That's good to hear that your story turned out so well. I think that it's a good idea to bear that in mind what you'ev said really, to be careful and not be too hasty in trying to get rid of this 'problem' and to be careful in general. Thanks for posting on your experiences.

omg , im soglad i found this site ,wen i was younger i always thought that they would fill out but they never did.
they really put alot of stress on me ..everyone around me seemed to have nice breast except me . i felt so unhappy.
up to this they i will notlet my boyfriend see them ..im just too uncomfortable with them .i hate them so much..im 17 and
i am now pregnannt.. they had gotten bigger but the shape is still tha same :-(.. i am making an appointment with a breast specialest and hopefully they can fix me . my doc said they wouldnt charge me anything since its a medical condition or wtv . i hoope they dont because i dont know if i can afford it .