Hi! I am 23 weeks pregnant and am having terrible, terrible heartburn. My heartburn keeps me up at night and I am perhaps getting five hours sleep, tops. I heard that meds commonly used for heartburn, like rennie and similar ones, can be bad for the fetus. What natural cures can help with heartburn?

I am glad I am able to help you this. When I was pregnant with my second child, I had heartburn non stop as well, and I was at a loss, until someone in a "due date club" I belonged to on another forum gave me the solution. If you take a tablespoon or sop of baking soda (also called bicarbonate of soda) and mix it into a glass of cold water, your heartburn is almost guaranteed to go away. It worked for me every. single. time. I was so grateful for that tip. Beware of the horrible taste, but believe me that that is worth it for being heartburn free.