Ok, so Im 16 and hav had my period since I was about 13. My last period I was in excrutiating pain and stuck in bed all day because I literally couldnt move or get up. I was close to crying it was so bad. I started throwing up a little bit and was tired as hell. I was also bloaty and mood swingy and all the regular symptoms of the period. My mom was worried and so was I but this only happened on my first day of my period and after the first day it got better. I got my period the month after that and was bloaty, tired, and the pain was also worse than usual. Not as bad as the month before but still bad. Ive talked to a few people who said I should check with the doctor just in case of anything but I havent gone yet. Does anyone know if this sounds bad? Or is this something that is normal? I don't know because usually my cramps arent that bad.

Hi honey! First of all are you sexually active? IF so I would like you to get tested for an STD/STI right away!

IF you are still a virgin, unfortunately you have what's called Dysmenorrhea- It means that you have very PAINFUL periods! I suffered with that from the age of 13 to 36 - when I had to have a hysterectomy due to the pain! Don't worry though there are MANY pain medications available for this and YES it is TOTALLY normal! Some women sail through their periods - :-S ;-) And others like us don't!!! Stretching exercises and warm and cold compresses on your stomach REALLY help! Swimming is EXCELLENT for this too! It's not a life sentence honey, but to get the appropriate care, I would suggest you seeing your doctor or gynecologist and see what pain medications they can put you on! ALSO a lot of the newer BCP's are FANTASTIC at helping you with the pain! I had to go on the Pill when I was 15 due to the pain! So if you are a virgin and your doctor thinks it's a good idea for you to be on the pill, have your mom with you, because sometimes it's hard for moms to approve of their daughters going on the pill - like mine did! And then she can hear that it is the best option for you and be more comfortable with it!

Also don't do what I did, and tell people you are on the pill!!!!!! Let me tell ya, that gets around like wildfire!!!! 8-|

It's nothing BAD OK? Just sucks that's all! Good luck and health honey!

Hi KittyKat! I hope that you're doing okay! It sounds to me like you were pretty concerned. Can you let us know how you're doing?