So we're swim training last night, which means we swim around the buoys at a local beach (about 800m). We're always very careful to stay inside the buoys because it's summer and there's lots of boat traffic. So I'm waaaaayyy out in the deep water, already having a tough time because of the boat chop when I hear an engine start nearby and realize there's a HUGE ski boat parked right in the middle of the swimming area, well inside the buoys. This massive hull starts to swing in my direction, and I begin shouting and waving my arms as best I can while treading water. They must have seen me, because they kept turning and TORE out of the swimming area. It's so fortunate there was no one in the water in their path.
That's the first time I've seen a boat come inside the buoys and it scared the c**p out of me. Thanks heavens for my shocking pink swim cap.

I don't blame you for being scared. Glad to know that's the worst that happened to you.

That's a big fear of mine in open water at this time of year: decapitation.

8O And y'all think I should train for a tri??? :umno: Glad you are OK.

Dagnabit, those Canadian hillbillies are everahwhere.

ouch.
who knew?
and i would be worried about the silly fish.... :umno:
keep wearing that pink swim cap.

I could see how that could be a pain in the neck

While you shouldn't have to do this in a swimming area, what about putting out a dive flag? They're red and white and highly visible.

Wow. 8O

Keep wearing that hat.

want to do an open water swim today?? 8O 8O

Glad you're still with us Shannon! 8O

Glad you are ok. I'd be worried about this sort of thing too. Be careful out there!

You certainly got lucky. Just what you need out in the middle of the lake, a little anaerobic session. :?

Sheldon