I like to swim. I am regular at the beach every summer. However, it isn’t enough. I am thinking of going to the swimming pool for the rest of the year. I am concerned about the water pool. I am afraid that it may damage my hair and skin. Is that true? If so what can I do about it?

If you have normal, healthy skin I don’t think that you should be worried. There are some chemicals in pool water. But those compounds are there to kill various germs and are considered to be harmless. Some people with very sensitive skin may experience some irritations but those are really extremely rare cases. Occasional swim will not cause any serious effects on your hair. Regular visits to the swimming pool may require certain protection for your hair like wearing a swimming cap. If you visit the pharmacy you may find a variety of products designed to protect your hair such as chlorine removing shampoos.