In october of 2005 I noticed a small knot (felt like a lump) on the left side of my neck. This lump seemed to be along the line where my artery is. I felt around on my neck and noticed that behind my esophagus there was another hard knot (or lump). The size of both of these lumps were the size of a marble. This is when my journey began. January of 2006 I went to the doctor and he sent me to an ear nose and throat doctor. He did some xrays of the neck and found nothing. Then sent me to an orthopedic. From there they did xrays, carotid artery test and mri. Everthing came back normal. My knots or lumps in my neck are now the size of a baseball and growing every month. There is a new knot or lump formed on the left side of my esophagus. This is a size of about two marbles and growing. I am also experience circulation problems. I will stand up and blow dry my hair. I will bend my head down to dry my hair and my legs will turn purple. If I cross my legs my legs go completely knumb from knee downs. I am always dizzy and have hard trouble concentrating. I recently almost passed out on a friday. I went to the er and they said nothing. However, they do see some neck swelling. All of my vitals are fine. I am loosing a lot of weight the past few months. Total of around 14 pounds. (not normal). My problem is everytime I goto a doctor they dont know where to begin or where to look and they just tell me that I am "stressed or something" There is a period that I did not have insurance for about six months that I could not goto a doctor. I might be able to have insurance soon so I can go back to the doctor...but....where do I start? I am scared that something bad might happen and it will be to late 8-|

hey i am having exactelyy same problem wat u wrote... i thought i am the only one in this world who is having this problem...

mail me

_[removed]_

sisi u find any problem?? i am also so tense

I'm afraid I can't really provide you with alot of advice. If you had all that diagnostic testing and it turned out to be normal.

Have they done any biopsies?

If they are just benign growth's I'm not sure what you will be able to do. Neck surgery at this point might be considered cosmetic in nature.

How is this condition affecting you psychologically? Do you feel tired often or anxious?

I had the same problem. Go to a STD clinic and have them check you for LGV. Lympho Grandular Veneream. They have to do a special test for this called a LGV Titre test. This is a rare form of clyamdia. The knot in the neck is consistent with this disease and is not detectable through normal STD tests. If your note is hugh you have had it for a very long time. Most times you may have a swollen gland in your groin area but not always.

You can go to the CDC Web page to read more about LGV. CDC stands for Center of Disease Control. They are in Georgia