For the past 2 months, I have had pain in said locations. First, it started in my upper arm / shoulder area. It was only in my left arm, a week or 2 later, it was in both arms, then only the right arm. Then the pain stopped for a week or 2 again, then moved to the left side of my neck, and now the right side of my neck. I have seen a doctor, they could not diagnose it. I got a blood test, and found I have minimal vitamin D, but everything else is normal. No forms of arthritis. I took 50,000 IU of vitamin D for once a week for 8 weeks. After 2 weeks, the pain stopped. 2 weeks later, the pain began again.

During the first 3 weeks, I lost nearly 15 pounds of muscle - Prior to this (about 1 month before the pain), I could do 40ish pushups, 150lb bench press... I can now do 4-5 pushups, and bench 75 pounds. I do not regurarly exercise, but I do often enough to stay in shape. I am not fat, I now weigh 150, before I weighed 170. I am actually fairly skinny - I am 18 years old now.

The level of pain was enough to get me vicodin for several weeks, but the pain was so severe it went through the drugs and it was still very painful. Randomly through the night, I would wake up in intense pain and not beable to sleep for a long time. The pain persists when I am doing nothing - but neck pain only exists when i turn or put strain in a left or right motion. The arm pain was constant but got worse when used.

I have seen a general practitioner - they found nothing, infact they do not even believe I am in pain and they took away my vicodin. Then I went to a ..uhh bone person who gave me an Xray - nothing was found, no swelling or joint problems. In a few days I am going to a Rhumatologist.

Any input on what this could possibly be, or to prevent it... Anything would be nice, I hate living in this pain.
If requested I can supply my bloodwork...

Hi honey! I want you to do something for me! Stand straight shoulders back, put your arms out striaght in front of you with your palms facing down! NOW twist them so the palms face up - Do they?

That's weird shoulder pain. May I ask what did you do before you get that pain? Maybe it's caused by a strenuous activity that pinched or twisted your nerves or muscles. If that is so then maybe you can do some Simple Stretches, Range Of Motion and Strength Exercises which can help relieve the pain. This is not quick fix but it is absolutely helpful. I tried it myself. :-D

I have been having the same exact symptoms and doctors still have no explanation for whats going on. They currently have me on 600mg of motrin and 800mg of muscle relaxers, both 3 times a day. The pain decreased in my right shoulder (which is where the original problem is). But now my left shoulder is in considerable pain. Once I am done with the medication, they are going to send me to an orthopedist (assuming the problem doesnt stop). So if you figure out whats going on with you, I would definately appreciate hearing about it.

i am having the same pain and if you find out what it is please call me at 979-482-7438. i am in terrible pain and the pills are not working for either. i do not look at email very often.

either of you ever taken Levaquin its an antibiotic . if you have ,google it and look at the forums . scary!!

I too am having this same pain. Started in right arm, then about 2 weeks later it's in both right and left arms. Have been seeing a chiropractor but it hasn't helped. I have not injured my arms in any way, it just came on my all of a sudden. It's also accompanied by neck pain. This is so weird. I could imagine maybe bursitis or something but for it to happen in both arms within a couple weeks is strange. I've been in pain now for almost 3 months. Please let me know if you found out what the problem was. My Doctor is also clueless. Thanks!

I also, am experiencing the same pain. I tore my left rotator cuff in 2000 and had to have surgery in 2000. My surgery was a sucess and my shoulde rwas pain free until last week. I began having the same system I had prior to my first surgery: pain in shoulder, under the inner outside of my shoulder blades, pain radiating down my upper arm to my elbow, my neck pops when I twist it side to side ( not using my hands to twist it), my neck is always in pain and I hate it. Since last week I am go to sleep with my left shoulder and upper arm throbbing and wake up with my left shoulder, arm and entire hand numb. For the last two days my right shoulder and upper arm have been in pain. I went to see an Orthopedi Surgeon today and had x-rays taken. They revealed that I have "straight neck". My spinal cord does not curve and it looks like a straight pole. I was given a cortisone shot in left shoulder today. Hopefully, it will relieve the pain until I can get an MRI. I believe I tore my left rotator cuff again, and that my straight cervical spinal cord is causing the pain in both shoulders, numbness and pain. I hope my post helps others and I will keep ya'll posted. Cheers

Right now I HAVE SEVERE PAIN IN R SHOULDER MUSCLES, MUSCLES ON SHOULDER BLADES AND UPPER ARMS AND RIGHT UNDER THE NECK NEAR SHOULDER (R). I am so frustrated - severe muscle pain. It is from sleeping on that side. I have had massages -- one massage guy used hot stones and he was good. Pain subsided. Then came back and have had 2 massages separately by weeks and PAIN is still incredible. Doctor has xrayed my shoulders but they are good. It is mostly RIGHT side, but also had same pain on LEFT side for a while. Nowit is jsut on right side, my favorite sleeping side. It's not deficiency in anything because I take supplements. I don't know what to do or where I can get help.

I had the same was diagnosed with fibromyalgia it eased a bit over the last three months but now is back with a vengeance my I'm on tramadol for the pain.

hello .. i am having the same thing happened to me . started about 6 months ago ..fine .. then over the winter it got worse by the week .. doctors i have seen are clueless .I was hoping you had found out something sense your post .

hey i am in the same boat .. over the last 6 months i have lost about 40 % upper arm motion in both arms and very painful .. i can get any sleep. I almost pass out from pain if i make any sudden moves with my upper arms. i was wondering if any one found out something ..my doctors are clueless on cause or treatment. just find it weird so many have this issue ..but no doctor knows the cause or treatment out of so many cases over several years???????

Ugh! I'm having the same issue only, it stated about twenty minutes ago. I. Was sleeping, then woke up with a really sharp pain in my roght shoulder blade, closer to my neck. I can't turns neck to the right and I can't do toouch with shoulder. So far, I have nothing on the left side and I'm hoping it stays that way. In the meantime, I just want this to go away so I can sleep. I've got school tomorrow.