I am a 19 year old female. Two summers ago i had surgery for my torn labrum in my left shoulder. Also the doctors spotted a bulging disk in my c7 vertebrae. The pain was gone until about a week ago. I started have a burning pain under my left shoulder blade. I have also had a stiff neck and pain when i turn my head to the left. I have had a little pain down the front of my shoulder and one really tender spot above my armpit. At times i get throbbing headaches but that doesnt happen to often. If i am laying down the pain decreases but any other time it hurts. I have tried doing some physical therapy and that usually only increases the pain. My physical therapist said she can tell my labrum is very weak. But we cant tell if they pain is from my labrum again or my neck or something completely different. Any suggestions? Is there anything in particular i can do to get this pain to go away?
Thank you for any help given.

I too have the same problem -only I had surgery for a frozen shoulder. I have neck pain and do not know if it is related to the shoulder or is a separate problem. Doctors are absolutely no help (I have seen five specialists and none have any answers). I happen to think the two problems are interconnected. Do you notice that your shoulder scrunches up a lot? That would indicate that you are compensating for the weakness of the shoulder.

My husband has a shoulder blade that sticks out when his arm is raised. It is also extremely weak when he tries to lift or raise it. He had some pain at first and it seems to have decreased. The 4 docs he's seen are baffled.

I have a similar problem. About 16 years ago when I was 21. I was a gym nut and I suspect that lifting heavy weights over my shoulders caused a tear in the Labrum on my right shoulder. Although back then doctors where baffled. I recently had an MRI on my rotator cuff and this is how I found that the Labrum had a tear. After all these years I finally found out that I do and have had a problem. The solution is surgery to repair the tear. Not sure what I am going to do but I will tell you, I have had everyone check it out at one time or another. It caused my shoulder blade to flair out when I raised my right arm out front. My trap muscle took over to compensate and has caused problems in my neck I suspect.

I wish I had found out what was wrong years ago but now the technology is here.

Good luck. :-)

I've not gone through a torn labrum, however, the symptoms of the pain when you turn your head into your arm and particularly close to your armpit is very similar to pain I am experiencing following 5 level discetomies and fusion beginning at C2. I don't mean to alarm you, but the original cervical procedure was only C2-C4 and the pain and limitation was almost exactly as you describe.

I might suggest speaking to your doctor about looking into your neck via MRI to determine if you have a cervical issue that you may be blaming on your shoulder issue.

I wish you only the best and would appreciate any comments from people who have experienced similiar discoveries. Also, I'd appreciate hearing from you if you look into this with your Doc.

I have had alot of the same symptoms in the neck and shoulder. 99% of the time I get a headace as well. The weirdness is that it hurts in my face as well. I am soooooo tired of going to Dr's. and PT that ultimatly get me no where..Any findings? I have this ALMOST every day.

I to have been having the same problem for the past 8 years :-), I have seen a doc about this on numerous occasions and 2 specialists, they have no answers for me, I had an MRI and CT SCAN and they just refuse to help, my shoulder and neck problems occured in a work place,
maybe the doctors are blind due to the condition of my accident as it would have to be WCB covered.
I am so surprised and shocked that with todays technology here in Canada they can not even give me an answer not to even mention a treatment or resoultion, damn surgery is probably out of range,
I wish I was a Hockey Player I bet my problem would be fixed in the matter of weeks, but unfortunately I am just a regular tax payer.
Ohh CANADA... :'(

Cheers!

I had surgery for a Slap Lesion in March, 2009. I too had a workplace injury and am having much difficulty with WCB. The surgery has not improved the condition of my arm and although it feels better than it did post surgery; it feels no better than it did when I injured it to begin with. Now on top of the shoulder pain I also have neck pain and head aches. In my surgeons' defence he DID say it was going to be a long recovery but 4 months seems like forever. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar to my situation? I have been back at work on modified duties but find that my shoulder is swollen by the end of the day. Any hope in sight?