I’ve recently been diagnosed with Scheuermanns disease by my doctor. Unofrtunately, he did not give me more information on it other than I cannot drive or work. I have no information on this and it‘s got me extremely worried. Does anybody here knows something more on this? I desperately need some advice!!!

I am sorry to hear about your illness and that you have been kept in the dark. I hope my answer will explain a few things to you. Scheuermanns disease is a form of osteochondritis. It affects the lower thoracic spine and the most common symptoms are pain, stiffness and discomfort in this part of the back. It can be treated in many ways but in cases where pain is severe, resting for as long as possible combined with avoidance of weight bearing is the best option. Physiotherapy is also very important part of the healing process. You can certainly take non-steroidal anti-inflammatories to ease stiffness and pain. Also, provided your car seat is well supported and your work is sedentary, I really can’t see the reason for you not being able to drive or work. But, of course, every individual case is different and must be considered separately.