I've had an ongoing pain in the left hand side of my neck, scapula and shoulder blade for the last 4 months. I've been off work for 9 weeks dealing with the pain.  The pain became so bad that I couldn't sit in a chair without having pain on my back next to my armpit & a strong burning pain up the left side of my neck all the way up the left neck muscle.  

I had initially treated this with Chiropractic for 5 treatments which didn't produce results.  I then began treatment with Physiotherapy/Acupuncture & Massage Therapy for 6 weeks which improved mobility and reduced pain in the scapula area.  I also had 4 treatments with a specialist Chiropractor who practiced the activator method  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

The pain is associated with my C3, C4, C5 & C6 on my neck and T1, T2, T3 & T4 on my upper back/spine. My L3, L4 & L5 of my lower back was also slightly out.  

I'm still dealing with the pain and the muscles in my neck and upper left shoulder burn and feel tight.  I stretch and have been actively doing strength exercises for the above mentioned areas of pain.  I feel the pain most while sitting in a chair or seat while driving.  I am also a Bus Driver by occupation.

Any advice is great appreciated.  Thank You.  D        

Im i the exact same boat! Can't get any answers.??????

I was diagnosed with Levator Scapula Syndrome which was only part of it. Since my last post, I have been to Physiotherapy where I received acupuncture & the electric cups with wet sponges underneath them with electric current. These both helped immensely. I also combined this with stretching, cardio on an upright stationary bike, chiropractic and massage therapy. I also started taking vitamin b complex & vitamin e which I read is supposed to help with the pain. My vitamin/supplement regime:

Multivitamin, zinc citrate 15mg, ester c, vitamin d 1000iu, vitamin e, vitamin b complex, glucosamine, Branch amino acid powder 5 g, glutamine powder 5g, Creatine powder 5g (Should be cycled - 4 weeks on 4 weeks off), Curcumin - natural anti imflammatory.

Try not using your computer unless its at chest level, elevated so that you're not looking down at it. Get yourself a new pillow that is no greater distance than your ear to the tip of your shoulder. Sometimes, sleeping improperly with the neck hyper-extended to the side creates problems. Feather down pillows are pretty good as long as its a bit more dense with feathers. Email me if you have anymore questions. delcrane at shaw dot ca (put this together to form a proper email)

I read your message with great interest. I have been suffering from Levator scapulae syndrome for the last five months and l have just been diagnosed. I have a question which l have searched everywhere including asking three separate physiotherapists. In addition ti the right mess and pain of Levator scapulae, l also get neck crepitius, but not always frim the neck area but around shoulder blade. I was told that it is the tight muscle or tendons snapping over boned/joints. Is this credible? Crepitius is not mentioned in LS syndrome. I will be grateful for a reply. Zoe