They told me it was hereditary but I never had pain till I had car accident. Dealing with this disease I have constant pain and depression due to not being able to do things I used to do. Try to adjust and live life the best way you can don't care what other people say about you because your not working due to pain,stiffness,and depression. Keep in mind that these symptoms will probably never go away and adjust in life. Anyone respond who have same problem with it?

Hi, I am 20 yrs old and have Schuermanns Disease witch is excessive thoracic kyphosis with wedging of 5 deg or more of at least 3 adjacent apical vertebrae and vertebral end plate irregularities. Problems become in puberty. I’ve find that aetiology of Scheuermann's disease remains unknown. There is however a strong family tendency and enchondral ossification of the vertebral bodies appears to be the abnormal factor contributing to wedging of the bodies. Doc prescribed me analgesics and anti-inflammatories.

i have had it since adolescence,i was told then that for young males who played lots of sports and sprouted in height it was a common disease especially for Slavic people? i was told to do certain exercises,read "medical brushoff". i am 58 had it since 15 at age 32 i had a accident being thrown about 40 feet landing on my right shoulder and back,thats when they put me on painkillers,i finally felt great,became a physical workaholic,this lasted for about 15 years,the tolerance hit,started self-medicating led to nowhere but depression,persistent pain,same old meds...percocet etc, friday i am enrolled in pain mgmt program at well known hospital,so far new meds,pt,etc,i,ll se what happens. i remember a quote from Soviet Premier Kruschev,speaking about the USA" only death cures the hunchback" peasant wisdom..lol..made me hang in hope you all hang in surgery may work when younger but the steel rod surgery just made my friends totally disabled,take your meds ,pt,and try to make the best of it. maybe the European medical community will have a cure since its more prevalent there,wishing all the best.