Recently I had thought I had a case of Jock Itch and used the cream to take care of it thinking it would be all right. It would be mainly on the inner thighs/butt area and would keep me awake at night. Now a few weeks later, I keep getting very itchy areas popping up randomly all over my body. Currently the arms are affected pretty badly along with my shins. The affected areas either look red, have small very-light colored bumps (almost blend with skin), or in some cases have no discoloration/bumps at all. The intensity of the rash isn't as bad as before it spread, so I am able to get some sleep, but having the need to itch all over my body is driving me insane. I dont believe it to be scabies as it doesnt match up with many of the symptoms, but Im still not sure. Id love some help here.

Thanks

I have the same problem as well as my whole family of 4!

I was diagnosed with scabies a few months ago. They were only able to determine it because my partner caught the same itchy symptoms as I did some time later, it was a very atypical infestation. The areas you describe generally fit the location for the mites to live at (usually genitals, heels, knees, elbows, navel/waistline, armpits, elbow and fingers... rarely back and never the face)
It usually gets worse it night (even tho maybe less than before the spread)

All I had was the persistant itch, especially at night, and a few red ITCHY dots across my arms and wristS that appeared two weeks after the itching started. Doc didnt know what was up and first misdiagnosed it as allergy to something else. Only after I joined my partner for a consultation, the doc was sure it was scabies since it's one of few transmittable skin conditions.

Even though it doesn't look like scabies that much, the persistant itch is enough to have it checked, and specifically ask for a scabies skin scrape test if you can. Having it diagnosed earlier helps you from spreading it around your entire houshold and even your friends. If you get tested positive, look for some guides on how to clean your household from the mites and to keep yourself from getting re-infected. Also keep on the lookout for infestations on friends or family since symptoms usually start only a week or 2 after initial contact with the mites

@KevinWhitt;
The fact alone that your entire family has the itch is reason to consider scabies. It's common for the mites to infect the entire family. Ask for a test and be sure the family gets treated at the same time

Could be bed bugs.

Original Poster, did you ever figure out what was going on? Your description resembles my current plight. I was given medication for scabies but that didn't help, and I didn't actually think it would. It hasn't affected my wife at all in the menu months I've been dealing with this.